Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Nvidia driver - no fix
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Nvidia has released a new driver. I have just installed it.
A small hope of maybe the new driver would fix things. No.

The issues related to Win 8.1, the GTX 700 cards and PD’s Modify window (in particular) persist,
(- which is described here: http://youtu.be/ykQDXk8mhOU )
at least on my system; Asus G750JX.
The delays PD at this time makes in displaying content and working with content makes the editing
very staccato and tiresome. I hope R&D is working on it.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,

I use a much older Nvidia card and also had problems with the latest driver.
I rolled back to version 331.65 and things went back to normal.

For me at least!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well this isn't much help but I have to add my comment. I have an Asus P67LE motherboard with an Intel i&2600@3.4Gh processor, with a Geforce 560ti 1GB graphics card and 12 Gb on board memory running Windows 7Premium 64Bit system. I have installed the latest drivers and PD updates since I got my system and had no problems with any of the updates. I guess I am one of the few 'lucky' ones.
viewing this forum and the instances of Windows 8 I am skeptical of getting a new system.
JIm
p.s. This is the 'Sandy bridge' i7 processor

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2014 11:00

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I have just now heard back from CL.
R&D is preparing a platform similar to my system to see if
they can replicate. And if so, I am confident they will try to
work out some fixes.
(They have the project files from the video posted in first post above.)
Just something.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
1Nina - I also see no improvement in the troublesome delays with the newest nVidia driver. I don't see any new problems, however, so I'm going to keep using it.

I hope CL will be able to find and fix this issue when they test it on a very high-end system. Like you, I dread using any effects that require more than an adjustment or two as waiting for the video/effect/scrubber to catch up can be excruciating...

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have some more information on the problem with slow response on Win8.1 systems. My computer had developed problems with licenses for apps bought or downloaded from the Windows Store and there were some problems with my RTC (real-time clock) and with keeping SkyDrive in synch.

I backed up my system, then tried "Refresh your PC" where Win 8.1 is reinstalled over the existing installation while not changing any installed programs or user files. Unfortunately, the problem with app licensing was still present, so I decided to "Reset Windows" which deletes the entire C: drive and installs Windows from scratch.

Once the new installation was finished, I installed Office 365 (because I needed the license keys in Outlook) and the latest 335.23 nVidia driver (because I wanted both monitors active), then I installed PD12. With the original released version and the current video driver, the dreaded green "Rendering..." line kept appearing, so I installed the 2626 beta patch. No content packs or 3rd party FX were installed, and I checked to see if the editor responded differently to opening the Modify window from a timeline clip.

I found that it still took many seconds to display the Modify window, and the video lagged quite significantly when I dragged the scrubber to a new place. Basically, starting from scratch with a brand new Win8.1 installation did not change the slow response issue I've since installed all the related PD12 add-ons and run Windows Update, and there's no additional improvement or slowdown that I can see.

I'm happy that the full reinstall cured the app licensing and SkyDrive issues, but the RTC issue of the system clock continually losing time is still there. In any case, we still need CL to figure out and fix the slow responsiveness issue as it's present on a brand-new install.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

1Nina
[Post New]
Optodata -

I am VERY glad you did this.......so I don't have to!

It's been a while now, since CL reported to me R&D would work on this.
I am waiting patiently.
In the meantime, I really can't use PD for much editing.

Nina
Just something.
optodata
[Post New]
Yeah, I definitely "took one for the team" on this :

I've found that when I need to open up one of those severely-delayed windows, that I just check my email or go back to an article I'm reading on my other monitor while PD does it's thing. Certainly not what we want but it does keep my blood pressure lower...

It does seem like the 2626 patch made some improvement in using the Video Speed Power Tool. I use that to slow down one section of every video, and I think the Speed multiplier slider is more responsive than it had been. Every time I used to move the slider, it would take a second or so for the current speed to appear which made it almost impossible to accurately position the slider.

With 2626, it's not perfect but it seems to update the multiplier number more rapidly as I move the slider, so making adjustments there is now smoother but still frustrating. It would be great if CL added either a number entry box (like in setting a keyframe value) or gave me a dropdown list if there were only specific multipliers that were acceptable. I wouldn't care if it has to redraw the whole timeline after I've set the value, just let me set the value and move on!

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
If your platform is fast enough and you want the best output quality, I suggest to disable HW encode, sometimes new driver makes new problem, and nVidia has bad records (remember the rendering issue?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 03:56

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
1Nina
[Post New]
the King, hi

Inputs are always welcome,
but rendering and outputs are not
the issues of this thread.

Nina
Just something.
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
This latter Driver also introduced me problems, I returned to the previous 332.21, it seems to me that this latest driver fixes and more to games, to using the last patch PowerDirector 2706 with driver nvidia332.21 no problems with this one very stable, since the last nvidia driver left slower and showing the logo of the nvidia video so I returned the previous one, see no need to upgrade the drives are not present problems, so in case of problems even to update. Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Just an update: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38033.page#196650
Not a fix for all the issues mentioned here but a start maybe.
Dafydd