Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition across multiple images
dwa.dwander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2014 19:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
How do I apply a single transition across multiple images? I don't want to apply the transition between all the images in a project, just across a select group.

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I apply a single transition across multiple images? I don't want to apply the transition between all the images in a project, just across a select group.

Thanks

Hi dwa.dwander,
Welcome to the forum, you've asked a very good question. If I was in that situation I would add an additional track close to where the images are located. I would then drag the group you want to add the transitions to while maintaining their track position in your project. Click, highlight the group and drag them to the new track. See images.

Right click on any transition in "All Content" or go to "My Favorites". Follow the image guide.

A "random transition" placed between tracks will be from those you have selected as a Favorite. In the image guide I chose Cross Transition rather than Overlap. If you place a Cross Transition there is no image "slippage"/change in the position of your placed images in your project. Selecting Overlap will see the merging of images and a shrinking of the track time the images display - could muck up your project. Use the Help guide to read up on Overlap and Cross Transitions.

Select your favorite transitions for a multiple placement by PowerDirector.

How to add a favorite.

I hope that helps.
Dafydd
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-597.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-597.png
[Disk]
 Description
Favorites - random transitions
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1353 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-595.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-595.png
[Disk]
 Description
route 1
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1326 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2014 05:10

dwa.dwander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2014 19:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!

Such a simple and yet elegant solution. Awesome!
Thanks for the help and especially the quick reply.

Dave A.