Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Purchasing question
PCPete
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Sep 10, 2008 01:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
First, I'm sorry to post this question here, but I've received no response from the request purchase assistance email form I sent 3 days ago, and the support/info links I've tried on this site result in server errors, so I can't actually send another web-based enquiry for some reason.

If anyone from Cyberlink support or accounts would like to contact me regarding this issue offline, I'd appreciate it.

The problem is a rather strange message I received from Digital River about my purchase attempt, to the effect that my Paypal payment notice did not "go through". I know why, but I can't seem to contact Cyberlink support anymore, and there's no response from my original enquiry. I guess it might have got lost in the cracks.

Again, sorry for this method of trying to resolve the problem. I don't know where else to turn.

FYI, when I tried to navigate to :
Link
I kept getting a simple page with "SERVER ERROR" on it. I guess it must have been a server load issue, because when I just retried it to get the exact text and url, it magically shows up with the correct page. Sigh. I'm having one of those weeks.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help with the payment issue.

Cheers,
PCPete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2008 10:51

Data is not Information; Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Okay, If you'd like to explain the situation in a PM to me I'll pass it onto CyberLink to Customer Support. Please ensure you give your full name and email address and reference this url:http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3783.page in your reply. They will be in touch.

Have you checked your PayPal account to see if a payment has been taken? If it hasn't.... state it. Give all reference numbers you have (if any) etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2008 10:55

PCPete
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Sep 10, 2008 01:44 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all your help Dafydd, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, Cyberlink don't accept e-check Paypal payments, only credit card Paypal payments.

I'm finding another way to purchase this through another channel.

It's really disappointing (not to mention frustrating) to find online retailers who are unable to offer the additional payment option. And some support responses just reiterate what's on the purchase options page without offering any other alternatives (which is even more frustrating!)

In the past, I've persisted, and some vendors have provided me with their paypal email address and an invoice, and I've been able to do a direct payment that way, but that option was not available with Cyberlink unfortunately.

As a customer, I do find it frustrating that more payment types can't be offered. I'm a sole trader, and I accept more payment options than most B&M and online vendors, but that's just me.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

Kind regards,
Pete