Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chronology of video clips
Sophie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2008 14:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
why is it that when i add video clips to the timeline they all collect at the beginning? i realise that you can change the order of them, but why can't i place them wherever i want along the timeline, with spaces in between that i can fill in later if i want?
[Post New]
Sophie,

I think all editing programs do the same thing. You generally cannot leave spaces inside a project on the timeline.

However, you can at any time insert a clip between any two clips on the timeline. The only problem I've encountered doing this has been where I try to insert a clip where a transition such as a fade already occupies the conjunction of two clips, then the one I'm trying to insert jumps to another junction point.

So I delete the transition, put the insert clip where I want it, and then redo the transition.

You have the flexibility you want, you just have to do it in a different manner than you picture in your mind. It still works out the same and after you do it a few times you'll get used to it.
drummer grl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 08:10 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Sophie, You can use a color board to fill in the space, adjust its lenth to what you want then add your movie clip after that.
drummer grl