Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Setting speaker configuration
pushticat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2008 19:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My speaker system is a Logitech 5.1 THX arrangement which comes with its own Dolby Prologic II/DTS decoder.How should I configure my 6 speakers in PowerDVD 8? How should I in Windows XP using Creative Audigy ZS? All these decoders!Please help.
Crunchy Doodle
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jul 31, 2008 10:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Yamaha 5.1 speaker system with its own decoders. In the Audio Configuration Tab of PowerDVD Ultra I set for "Use S/PDIF" and have an optical cable going from my Audigy card to the speaker system. In the Control Panel for the Audigy card, I set it for Use Digital Output Only. This bypasses all the decoders in the Audigy card and PowerDVD. That way the raw digital stream from the DVD goes directly to the speaker system decoders.

It's kind of a joke that all that Creative and CyberLink software must be disabled and bypassed to get the best sound.

Bye.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2008 07:23