Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 5 NE Express will not launch
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2008 15:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Folks

I am new at being a part of a Forum and apparently I posted my message incorrectly on th last 2 occassions iu.e I communicated direct with another mender (Dafydd) who has pointed out the errors of my ways.

See below for the details of my problems - I have undertaken all that Dafydd has sugggested but when I re install and then click on the PowerDirector Express icon nothing happens - this is driving me nuts I have spent hours uninstalling and re-installing all to no avail. This is doing my head in - can anyone help me?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2008 12:25

Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2008 15:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a JVC mg 344, with a cyberlink bundle and have the same problem.
Sorry I can't help you, but do you or does anyone know if I can use any other software?
C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2008 16:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I found that codec vssv.ax was in conflict with other codecs packaged on my system.
Removed the packaged codecs and all seems to work fine now.
How something so simple could be so complicated is beyond me.
You may want to pass this on to the customer service people because they never asked about codecs when researching the problem and indeed that was the problem.
I just hope this helps others with the same problem in the future.
Regards,
Chris