Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion - PD6
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2008 05:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
can anybody help me.I have been using Power Director 6 for 6 months on XP with no problems.I have just bought a new machine with Vista installed.I have installed Power Director on the new machine and I now find that my Magic Motion does not work.I have had many emails back and forth to the Cyberlink help desk.They can't seem to solve the problem.
Please help someone!!1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 06:08

Jed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2008 23:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,
I'm kind of a newb here too, but I'm pretty sure someone may ask you to be a little more specific about the issue you're experiencing.

Do you mean that Magic Motion simply doesn't do anything at all? As in, you click the button and nothing happens at all? Or once you apply it, the results are not what you expected? If that's the case, what exactly DOES happen?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I just thought I'd mention that telling folks that something "doesn't work" can mean lots of different things. The more specific you are, the more likely someone might recognize the problem you're having.

Also, have you used the search function here to see if there are any similar posts for this problem?

Just trying to help out.

Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your feedback Jed.You are correct.I was a bit vague.
What actually happens is that when I select an image and drag it to the timeline,I click on the Magic Motion button and the icon appears over the image to acknowledge that the Magic Motion has been applied to the image.When I play the slideshow, the image has no movement(panning zooming etc).I have used this feature with great success in the past.The only diffference now is that I have reinstalled Power Director 6 on my new computer.My new computer is running Vista.My old computer runs XP Home.I can only assume that someting in Vista does not like the Magic Motion function. I have tried the Cyberlink help desk several times with no success.Each time they respond it is with another question rather than an answer.So can anyone else help?

Thanks in advance
Chris

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 04:59

Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
PS I have reinstalled PD 6 about 4 times to try and fix the Magic Motion Problem.I have even installed a version online from the Cyberlink help desk.So far no success.

Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Chris,

What part of the Pan Zoom function doesn't work?

What build of PD6 are you using - have you applied the 2319 patch?

What about Vista updates - have you applied SP1?

I know I'm answering by asking questions, I don't have an answer for you which will resolve your problem. I'll ask "around" and maybe find something for you. In the mean time I'd like to read your answers.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 06:08

Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your quick reply Dafydd,
The pan zoom function does not work at all.When I play my movie the images are stagnet,they are just like I haven't applied any magic motion at all.The magic motion icon is however over the image.
I am using build number 6.00.2319
I have applied the 2319 patch.
I have just purchased my new computer with Vista pre installed.So, no, I haven't updated Vista yet.
I am thinking of purchasing the PD 7 ultra upgrade.
Do you think this would help.

Regards

Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Chris,

Upgrading to PD7 is something you have to decide.... while thinking about it.... Go see what the PD7 motion designer can do:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/238/pd7-motion-for-images/

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

At the moment I'm at a loss to know what the cause of your PD6 issue is... no such issue has been posted on the forum before and CL haven't had it either.

when you have a few minutes spare please try PD7 trial and see what that's like - I know you're thinking about buying it. I want you to check out whether you have full function use of Motion Designer with your set up - and report back please.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/trials_4_ENU.html

Dafydd
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,
I actually bought PD 7 Ultra on the weekend.I downloaded it without any problems.I am very impressed with version 7.The great news is that the Magic Motion function works like a treat!I will never know why I had problems with the Magic Motion on PD6.Thanks for your help.
I do however have another query.
Can you write protect your DVD project after completion to stop anybody copying your work?

Thanks in advance

Chris