Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 Freezes during buring Please help
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2008 23:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to PD 7 and only been using it a few days, editing my vacation. The other night I burned about 15mins onto a DVD with a menu with no problem. I just wanted to check it out and see how it looked on my TV.

I then started to add more footage. Pictures, Music, Video, from my JVC Everio Camcorder. I am up to about 32 mins now and wanted to try another burn.

First burn I let go for about 2 1/2 hours and when I came back, it was frozen at 39%

Second Burn froze at 36%

Third burn I took off the 13 chapters I had and just used 6 min intervals for chapters and it froze at 37%

The fourth time I took off trying to burn with a menu and it froze at 24%

Each time I used a new DVD.

Seems funny it worked fine the first time and not now.

I have video from my Everio, Music, pictures, used titles, effects, made slideshows, everything PD7 allows me to do. Right now I am trying to burn 2053MB of information onto the DVD

Dell Inspiron 5302
Vista Home Premium Service pack 1 32 bit
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 Ghz
3 GB memory

Please Help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2008 09:15

cohenner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Baltimore, MD Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:07 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Yup. Exactly my problem. I will post shortly on another thread CyberLink Supports worthless answer.

Cohenner David Cohen
Presented For You!
Analog > Digital Conversions & Video Editing
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2008 11:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

I am about to throw my computer out the window. Power director version 7 ultra, is freezing everytime I go to finish my movie with end credits. So i gave up and decided to produce it anyway without. After 5 crashes before even going to produce window, it now starts to render and my pc switches off!!! Just dies. Its a 3 hr movie, but surely it should cope! I have installed a patch as well but not working. Any ideas please? Its taken me days to do the movie!!! FeRoDa Agility
arvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2008 21:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i agree. i think something is really wrong with PD7..it always crashes my system..and they dont know exactly why it is happening.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, this issue is being checked out by RD at CyberLink (I've referred enough of them). However, a number of users on this forum have posted workaround solutions to isolate the cause and to get a user to burn.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3599.page#13614

Please read and try out some of what's been posted. thanks

Dafydd

arvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2008 21:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
okay..thanks.