Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial Version - Video capture is not good. Need some help
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2008 19:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've downloaded the trial version for PD7 and was attempting to capture HD video from a Canon HV30. The interface was fairly straightforward, and I didn't have any problems setting up the capture. However I am not able to get good video from it.

The video is choppy, sometimes blurred, regularly hangs or drags, and obviously just isn't a good capture. The audio will sometimes completely cut out with this static sound.

If there are settings that I need to change in PD7 I can't find them. I know that there are several versions of HDV frame rates; however I'm not knowledgeable enough with video to really analyze the settings. I'm using all default settings for the camera, which I believe is at 60fps.

As for other factors (such as connection quality, etc) I have downloaded other trial versions of software and obtained much better results. So I believe my connection is good and all variables up to the software itself are fine.

Anyone have any suggestions? I want to investigate this a little before removing the software.

Thanks
Monica Wu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2008 22:33 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
It works fine at my SONY HC-1.Could you share the capture profile you selected and what is your CPU and RAM size?
Thanks.
Marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Which profile are you referring to? I don't remember selecting one. I left everything default from when it was installed. I just selected the type of video, HDV, and left everything else as it was.

As for the computer, it has one gig of ram and is a 2 ghz computer.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've been told that 2gig of ram is essential for what your attempting. Upgrade your PC.

Dafydd
Marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, like I say - I can pull video from other applications that I've tested just fine. So my initial thinking is that it's not hardware related. If other applications can do it and Cyberlink can't, then I tend to blame the application.

If Cyberlink does need that type of horsepower to work, then I won't be buying a new computer or this product.

If it's a settings issues then I will still consider it. However it's a bad sign that no one from Cyberlink has responded to my post yet.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Marc - the following is at the top of the Forum Index page:
This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

I Moderate on the forum. I haven't experienced your issue. Please contact Customer Support and seek an answer: http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 13. 2008 15:45

Marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah...ok. I just assumed that someone from support patrolled the site. I'll send an email. Thanks.