Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import/Export
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
It would be nice if the import export folder preference could be different for each project. I often have 2 or 3 projects plodding along, and if I forget to set my folder export preference then I get files placed in a folder that has no relation to the project.
Actually, I would like all preferences to be set different for each project. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day, Bazza

I agree with you, what I am finding is that the export folder set by PD7 is the last folder that you imported from, ie, if you import some music, then that folder becomes the export folder and it is necessary to go back into preferences and reset the folder path.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Good Day to you Sir,
how nice of you to agree with me on something.
I'm sure though, that "Bazza" is Aussie slang for some type of itchy rash. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Baz

Bazza/Baz is a play on your name and is an Aussie term of friendship when used in that context, however it could also signify an itchy rash for some disgusting disease, caused by rotting celery sticks, have you thought about putting them in the compost bin yet?

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2008 22:41

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ok boys,

I wonder if the shortcut Alt+C would help you to locate Edit > Preferences.

I know it's a pain when you're working on multiple projects and saving to different locations, I think we've all been there.

The problem is the Import directory like all windows software remembers where you were last.... and when you consider where you locate different files on a PC.... it isn't logical to save to that same location.

The export location is changable and I think the Alt+C keyboard instruction will make it easier to call up the Preferences user interface for you to make changes.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2008 05:35

Evan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 19:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The problem is the Import directory like all windows software remembers where you were last

Technically, not true. As the saying goes, with time and money anything is possible. When I develop software it is possible to programatically maintain some settings for a particular project/document/etc. One approach is to maintain a couple of paths per project that are tried in order:

1. Relative path of import (or export) location. If it exists use it.

2. Absolute path (includes drive letter) of import location. If it exists use it.

3. Default path to location.

Typically #1 is the saved setting, and #2 is figured out behind the scenes and also saved with the project file. #3 would be the global/software default setting.

Just 2cents
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
A good two cents... but a 4 penny worth here

It was too much of a generalised statement... I knew I shouldn't have made it ....ooops

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2008 11:09

Barry
[Post New]
I think RJ is right, it's been raining constantly and I think I have developed root rot... Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!