Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 crashes when producing video.
Lim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2008 12:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings! Im having troubles with PD7 right now. More specifically when setting up before producing the movie.

I have the latest patch (1915) installed btw.

The first pic shows what pops up after i click on file -> produce

I click on 'next', and this shows up. I choose DivX as my profile type

This image is the settings of the profile and when i try to click on 'Video/Audio Settings', PD7 crashes as shown below

i haven't had such troubles when i used PD6. I wan't to change the audio setting to make the file smaller after producing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lim,

Do you have DivX installed on your computer, unlike PD6, PD7 does not come with DivX installed and you will need to install DivX

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, i believe so.

This shows up when i click on the 'Codec Settings'. Although i believe that this DivX was part of the bundle K-lite Codec pack.

The crash also happens when i try other profile settings aside from DivX (like AVI or mpeg)
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2008 07:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lim,

I have experienced exactly the same problem, program crashes when you click on video/audio settings. The solution is not to click on it. If your rendering to divx just click on codec settings to adjust the output settings. Once your done, click OK in the divx window, click Ok on the AVI Profile Settings window, next, start rendering. The resulting file will be divx with PCM audio. To reduce the file size even more, you can import that file into Virtual Dub and convert the audio to MP3 without rerendering the video.

I have no idea why the program crashes when you hit video/audio settings, I've just accepted that it does.

Hope this helps

Mark P
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply.

But I really don't want to go through all the trouble of converting the MP3 on another program, when PD7 can do it already (well maybe not for me right now)

Thanks again, i appreciate the reply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Lim,

Can you PM me your email address - I have a file I'd like you to test out which might resolve the issue. Please make sure you mark the PM A/V sync issue.

Dafydd
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply. I've sent a PM. Thank you
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bumping this topic up and hoping a reply, thank you ^_^
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lim,

You sent Dafydd a PM, but you did not include your email address which he needs so that he can send a file to you to try.
When you send him your email address, make sure you include the link to this post.

ie:..... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/3536.page

Note for all PD users,
Dafydd receives 100's of emails and PM's every day and it makes it much easier for him if questions and reports can be linked to the relevant post.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2008 01:44

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for that information. I did manage to link this topic, but forgot to inlcude my email address. Thank you very much
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Data sent.

Thank you Robert.

Dafydd
Lim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there Dafydd. I've tried overwriting the original files with the ones you've sent me, but still no luck. PD still crashes when i try to click on the video/audio settings.

I've also tried reinstalling PD and patching the update again, and then overwriting the original files with the ones you sent, but it still crashes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2008 00:46

J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2009 10:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there,
Just a slight bump...I'm having exactly the same issue...with the latest patch too...is there a fix?

Cheers!

Jon