Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stop play at end of chapter
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2008 13:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to put 2 separate sets of vacation photos on one DVD. So on the menu page, I want one chapter that says "Hawaii", and the other chapter that says "Vegas". I can set up these 2 chapters, but at the end of the Hawaii chapter, the show continues onto the Vegas chapter. Is there a way that I can stop the show after each chapter and have it return to the menu? Or is there another way that I can do this?
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Can you advise what version of Power Director you are using?
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 17:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
check out this previous link http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3079.page

I had the same problem version 7. They had to omit this feature because of burning issues.

Thomas
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2008 13:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD6.

Hmm...It looks like that function is only "available" in PD7 - available in quotes cause a patch is needed. I'm assuming that there's no way to put 2 separate projects on one DVD, right?

I guess I can always do it the ghetto way, and put a black color board at the end of one chapter. That way, it'll give me some time to reach for the remote and go back to the menu.
Evan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 19:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I've been testing PD7 for a couple of days now (since I've decided to return Ulead VS11).

The one feature that I would really like is to be able to create a multi title (multi-layered) menu with each title optionally having its own chapters.

I think PowerProducer can do this but I am resisting buying a whole other pkg just for this feature.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eric,

If you want to have more than one project on a DVD, you can always use a separate burning program where you can just drag your completed files into and then burn, there are many dedicated burning programs available, I and many others do not use Power Director for the burning process, we create a DVD file then burn with Power2Go 6

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots