Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloading PD7
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2008 14:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded PD7 when I originally purchased it. I was unable to register the product and was advised to uninstall all the files, which I did. I was then given a secure site to download the program again. The download failed when it reached 21 minutes left to download. This error appeared several times after retrying the download.
For some strange reason my program did eventually register. However, I am unable to make use of my download extension period in order to download a full version of PD7. I do have the key.
Can anyone tell me how to successfully download the full program again?
I have ordered the CD, but it seems to take forever to get it.
Thank you, Paul
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Paul, just send a note to cyberlink (in customer support) they are very helpful in providing another download link for you to use.

If you aren't using a download manager, though it might be worth trying, so that you can resume your download.

A couple of options for download managers are

http://www.speedbit.com/ or

http://getright.com/

Good luck.
Arturo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 01:24 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I ran into the same problem. It took me about 6 hours to download the file and this would normally have taken less than half an hour to download as I have high speed Internet connection.

I find that downloading anything from Cyberlink is very, very, very slow. My high speed Internet connection turns into a snail-pace connection. I don't understand why that happens only when I download from Cyberlink.

I tried installing a download accelerator from Speedbit, but the speed was even slower so I ended up uninstalling it. I guess those download accelerator software do not work with Cyberlink sites.

I mentioned this issue in one of my posts and am still awaiting a reply from Cyberlink.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, that they didn't work. I use DAP for most of my downloads, from whatever site. I confess I haven't sat and waited for a download, usually I'm doing other things, so I haven't timed the Cyberlink site.

Arturo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well thank you anyway for trying to help.

Hopefully, I'll get an answer and a solution from Cyberlink as it is the only site where I get snail-pace downloads.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Arturo,

I agree with you, I also have a super fast Internet connection, yet downloading from Cyberlink is at the fantastic rate of 16 kb/s.
Cyberlink will tell you that the download speed depends on the number of downloads being carried out at the time, what rubbish, Download from Microsoft or Adobe and the download speed is in the hundreds of kb/s and their servers would be far busier than Cyberlinks, as are a lot of other software providers who also offer a much faster download
To make it worse, they are providing programs as one file, so you are unable to download multiple parts at one time.

So everyone, voice your opinion, let Cyberlink know that their download speed is unacceptable.

Robert
(with another 6 hours of downloading ahead)

Update
After 3.5 hours, download stopped saying server had been reset, what a waste of time and usage, Cyberlink need to fix their server as a matter of urgency

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2008 01:13

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Arturo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good morning from Canada Robert. I guess it would be evening where you are now.

So I am 4 kb/s faster than what you get. My download speed was 20 kb/s the last time I downloaded from Cyberlink. I couldn't believe it and that really is unacceptable.

Please everyone who share this problem, let Cyberlink know or we'll be stuck with a snail-pace download connection.

So far Cyberlink seems to be ignoring my message. However, I'd like to give them the benefit of a doubt and assume that they are just busy right now but will eventually find the time to get back to me with a solution to this problem.

Arturo
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Arturo,

Going from the time of your message, the time here would have been 1 am
Thursday morning 17 July

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2008 20:26

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots