Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 6. Sound & Picture Quality Issues.
Dave G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2006 17:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Help!!!!!!!
I am running Power DVD 6 and recently had to replace Hard Drive because of corruption problems. Prior to this never had a problem playing any DVD in programme. unfortunately I now am unable to play DVD's without both the audio and picture been of poor quality and appearing to be running jerkily especially the sound. I'm told this could be a problem with the soundcard (Creative SoundBlaster 64V Pci) which allthough its old has never been a problem in the past. I have unfortunately put upgraded drivers in for it and there appears to be a big issue with Creative re a file PfModNT.sys throughout several of their cards but they seem very reluctant to make any remedial suggestions or fixes. Has anyone come across this problem and can suggest a solution if indeed it is the Soundcard(I have no problems playing Music or M-Peg Video just DVD's) before I take some drastic action via a lump hammer.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Demented Dave.
JeffAsFarAsYouKnow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2006 02:09 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Dave. I don't have a fix for you but I am having the same trouble you describe after performing a system restore on my computer and then upgrading to PoswerDVD 6 Deluxe. It has been suggested to me in this Forum that my soumd card and whatever else is\are the problem. I have other new good quality sound cards that i intend to try within a few days. I am dubious to the sugestion that the problem I am experiencing is related to my computer. Sounds like a convenient answer to me. If this actually gets posted I'll try to keep you up to date (next few days) on whether or not it IS my sound\video card. Could save you a few bucks or lend credibility to the suggestions I've received. Wish I could do more-hang on a bit if you can! GG JeffAsFarAsYouKnow
Dave G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2006 17:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff, Many thanks for reply it sounds like we are both in the same boat here. Will do as you suggest and hang on a while,am not going anywhere fast mate am 59 & with a heart attack and a triple heart by-pass behind me I've learned to take it as it comes now. Every days a bonus so any suggestions are appreciated. Have had a look on several sites re this problem and it's a big problem across a lot of Creative Sound Cards even the megabucks ones. Every site has hundreds of postings just too many to read. Will look forward to your input & nice to meet up with you.
Cheers for now.

Dave G.