Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multitrim issue (newbie help)
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I select a scene and choose the "multi trim" function, it will load the feature just fine. But, the "play" button doesn't work properly. When pressed, the scene jumps to the end and then resets to the beginning.

The "Trim" function works fine. "Play" works as expected.

Note: In "Muli trim", I can drag the location pointer to where I would like to trim the scene, but I can't press play to run the scene to see what it looks like.

Any ideas?

Thank,
Newbie, James Jim Clark
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
What is the version and build of your Power Director?

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 00:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

The version is 1714a.

And interesting fact: When I select the "magnefier" in the "Multi Trim" function, then deselect it, "play" works. Hummm....

I understand from reading other postings that a patch is forthcomming.

I've, also, had crashes where the program just shuts down. No error message. Just the windows error message offering to send a report to Microsoft. It usually happens when I'm going between scenes, trimming, and back to other scenes. This doesn't happen everytime, but usually after I've been editing for 20~30 min.

While I have your attention, do you know why subtitles don't show in a project created in PD6? Or, a way to retrieve them?

I really appreciate you helping me.

Jim Jim Clark
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim,

I cannot replicate the issue in build 1829, multi trim functions correctly.

Not sure about your subtitle issue, this may have been corrected as it has been known about and reported.

Follow the advice given by Dafydd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3344.page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots