Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! Stutter & No Audio on my HD Video capture / import
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2008 03:07 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD ver7 Ultra and tried to capture an HD video from a Canon camcorder. PowerDirector capture stuttered a lot, so I ended up capturing in Windows Movie Maker without a problem then importing (& converting from WMM to MPG) into PowerDirector.

I can select the file in the media area and press play and I hear the audio. But as soon as I drag the clip to the timeline and play the clip from there, the sound is missing.

If I right click on the clip in the clip in the media folder to see if I can extract the audio there is no option to do so in the right click window, even though there should be (I can see the "extract" option on other clips I obtained from video shot off of a Panasonic camera in a .MOV format).

So anybody that can help with either the stutter and/or the audio it would be much appreciated.

NOTE: I am using Vista Premium on new, fast Toshiba laptop with a 2.4 GHz Intel chip, 3 GB RAM, and importing to a new (empty) 200 GB 7200 RPM secondary internal SATA hard drive.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2008 03:27

Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I unchecked every box in Edit -> Preferences -> Capture and deselected "detect scenes" and it got rid of the stutter, so now I can import directly to PD without using WMM -- so I don't have the audio problem. I'll have to play with the check boxes one at a time and see which causes the stutter.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Scene detection during capture is for miniDV not HD

Thanks for posting a follow up.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2008 03:32

Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2008 14:09