Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD6 runtime error w/ .vob files
Larry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2007 11:59 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
1. Powerdiretor version: 6.00.2319

2. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

3. Memory: 3582MB RAM

4. Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512.0 MB

5. Video files captured on a Sony HDR-UX1, Sony DVD-RW media

6. Problem description:
a. double clicked PD6 icon on desktop to open
b. Imported .vob file that is stored on my hard drive
c. Runtime error PD6.exe "abnormal program termination"

7. When I convert the .vob files to .avi, they import correctly.

**It should be noted this is a new problem. PD6 has handled .vob files properly in the past, but recently began to get these errors. In an attempt to fix this problem, my PC has recently been reformatted, the bios upgraded, and PD6 and the patch reinstalled. This did not fix the problem, so I am posting the information here to try to get some help.

Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2008 20:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with a very similar setup. I emailed Cyberlink and they told me to disable UAC. Of course that didn't help anything. If you'll notice their solution for everything is to disable UAC.

I emailed them a second time and haven't gotten a reply.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I was starting to worry that I had some serious problem with my PC.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2008 20:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I figured out the problem with my setup, hopefully you have the same issue and this will fix it.

It turned out that for some reason Windows Media Player was running in the background. I think this is because I had media sharing turned on (library tab in WMP options). I ended the wmplayer process and Voila! PowerDirector works like it is supposed to.