Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP Bugs? - Version 7
Adam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2008 18:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have just recently become acquainted with Power Director 7 and have actually already made a 10 minute video. However, I was really disappointed to find out that making PIP images move in sync with the rest of my film (ex: a hat on someone's head) was nearly impossible. I have viewed tutorials for the 5th edition of this program on how to do this and it seems as though they have actually removed some features for the 7th version. One of the most frustrating things was, when I moved the video-progress slider back and forth for the preview screen, it only showed the movement of the PIP object, and not that of my video also. How am I to make sure the object stays in place?! It is extremely challenging to get the video and the PIP object to move together because there is no way to tell if you are on track, and therefore, it basically comes down to guess work. The video tutorial for the 5th edition looked so much easier! What's going on?
Adam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2008 18:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Excuse me. The tutorial was for PD 6.

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/tutorial/6/PiPdesigner.jsp

Nevertheless, PD 7 doesn't seem to be able to do the same thing. Just watch the vid. If you use PD 7, you'll get stuck at the part where you slide the progress-bar to make sure your PIP image is positioned correctly on your video.

Right here:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2008 21:13

Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Three comments. All probably due to Windows image subsystems , memory and CPU especially when working on large files.

!. when watching the viewer window you may not see the PIP and Video appear in sync. Even when playing both in the project window (I mean upper right view window of the workspace)

2. I find for critical work I edit a five or ten second segment of the main video as a sub-video export as avi and do any PIP overlay on that - save it as a new AVI and patch the result back into the main movie.

With a five second clip the CPU processor, image processor and other Windows software can better handle the live action in realtime.

3. No disrespect but I had to learn to use the PIP motion contols as an artform using the yellow and blue sliders and the points of data along the motion line (humps in your example) until you are able to get the motion doing what you want. but it is an artform and not really explained in PD7 user guides.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 05. 2008 04:46

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem