Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Failure
Babbitt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2006 15:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
O how I loved this program at first....Now I've got about 75 coasters that I don't need and hours of frustration !!! First of all, understand I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to understanding computer technical language. The techs at Cyberlink have had me install two patches, each one creating another problem. Most recently, they were kind enough to send me a free dowload of the most recent "build" (in their lingo) of PD5. My problems continue. I've spent copious quantities of time on a production from my summer holidays and every time I go to burn the project, it goes through the "Creating Motion Menus" phase and "Creating Titles" phase then right at the 50% completion mark it goes to "Burning Disc" the background flashes black a few times, and BINGO !!!! Burning Failure..... error code e0ff002f (can never tell if those are letter O's or zero's by the way) The techs never give me a clue what the error code indicates just several things to try. By the way, I've uninstalled my Nero program that I use for audio burning as instructed. (now I keep installing it and uninstalling it every time I want to make an audio CD. What a drag !) I've got over 100 hours of video of my kids growing up that I want to put on DVD and I'm so frustrated that I can't get going on these projects. Help in laymans terms is greatly appreciated.

Dave
Philip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2006 11:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am a computer programmer by trade and I have to tell you this program truly sucks. The user interface (look and feel) is not bad at all but the underlying system is simply terrible. The technical support people are clueless. The must be using offshore resources from India.

Anyway, I also have spent hundreds of hours putting together a movie from a vacation to Alaska only to find out I get a system crash when I click on the "Create Disk" button. I have been on this for nearly two weeks and they can't even tell me what the problem is.

I found a program call Pinnacle which was highly recommended and I am definitely going to dump this program. I am trying to salvage what I have. I read the forums and there a lot of people who are disgusted in Power Director 5.0.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the patch.
I think you can try to donload this patch and try it.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Philip,

Thanks for the PM - I'll send you an answer asap.

Please try the patch (see link above).

All the techs are based in Taiwan and they do their best.

PD is a great tool, easy to use - well I find it easy

Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2006 11:11

Exothermica [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2006 17:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too have been having problems. I loved the trial version so much that I purchased the premium edition 2 days later. I burned my first project successfuly but that's as far as I got. I am absolutely disgusted with the software due to all the hours I have put into my projects and now I can't burn anything. I have uninstalled, re-installed and done everything "tech support" suggests. I've downloaded the patch and that's when things got worse. Before I was at least able to get to the 50% burning mark and now it won't even initialize. It would be better if I could talk to someone about the problem but they charge to speak with a person. Why would I want to pay to talk to someone who will surely be unable to help me? I will leave as much negative feedback anywhere I can unless my software starts working properly or I receive a refund for my frustration so that I may invested in something that works. My computer is new, all drivers are up to date, I have an external 300GB hardrive. I should not be having problems!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Exothermica,

I'm sorry to read you're having problems. One of the rules of courtesy I've been reminded by my wife in the past, is never threaten to carry out something while asking for assistance...'cos it doesn't look good and makes the person who is helping feel irritated!

So, with irritation in mind...perhaps I can get you some assistance but only after you give some information to me first.

1. I'd like to know if you have uninstalled the trial version before you installed the full version?
2. What version are you using - look in the Help/About section?
3. Please supply your Tech Support reference number PM me this information
4. I want you to write down in list form 1, 2, 3, exactly what you're doing. The file size, number of transitions, what chapters, what's the menu....?
5. What burning software have you on your system?

Phone calls and self help. When I started Video Editing there wasn't anyone to help me... no forums, no phone centres and limited Tech Support (we knew more because....we tried everything). I had to learn without assistance. Speaking to someone isn't the best way to learn... it's easy for the user to mis-interpret the information and costly for Tech Support to run. Basically I would expect you to pay for assistance if you want to talk to someone.

Software problems...happen.... part of the PC thingy.

Come back to me today and I should have an answer for you tomorrow.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2006 11:51

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the PM which I received some time ago and was presented with all the information requested. The data etc has been past on and you should have by now received additional help and a solution.

Dafydd.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2006 09:19