Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director 7 for wedding videography?
Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
I am a wedding videographer still using Pinnacle Studio 9. I am able to do a 2 camera shoot by using the overlay track for camera 2 using pip. I synchronize the main track with the pip using either a photographers flash or by listening to the audio on both tracks and adjust until there is no echo.
During editing if I want to switch from camera 1 on the main track to camera two on the overlay track (pip track) I simply change the pip to to full overlay which covers the main track. If I don't want the overlay track to cover the main track I can either delete that section or leave it on the time line and make it fully transparent. I mute the audio on the overlay track so only the audio from the main track can be heard. This is quite easy to do with Studio 9.
I need a new updated program and have been thinking about Power Director 7 because it has excellent reviews and has 6 overlay tracks to Pinnacles 2. But as a wedding videographer I need certain things. These are my questions:

Can I edit a 2 camera shoot with power director 7 the way I am doing it with Studio 9?

Studio 9 has a lot of wedding specific transitions that I like to use. What does power director have?

Are there 3rd party plug-ins for extra wedding transitions and maybe video overlays?

Can audio only be placed on the 6 overlay tracks?

Can power director 7 do backwards video play?

Is slow motion smooth or does it strobe?

I record in stereo. Could I mute the right track and make the left track play on both right and left tracks?

Thaks for answering my questions

Heavytiger
Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Read my post on missing features in PD 7. Maybe some of the points in there will give an idea about Power director 7.0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2008 23:45

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
BTW, - I videotape bands in nightclubs, and artwork in art galleries where i pan zoom on the subjects. Sometimes use 2 cameras in theatres, one as a wide-angle rostrum

Can I edit a 2 camera shoot with power director 7 the way I am doing it with Studio 9? Yes and all down the timeline you can flip between cameras by cutting the PIP and removing a segment. You will probably finish with the main camera as say 80% and the 20% of the PIP scattered down the timeline if you edit like me, using the PIP for interest cuts.

Studio 9 has a lot of wedding specific transitions that I like to use. What does power director have?
Yes, pleny of nice transitions Fade, page peel like a book page, left or right corner to peel. Full page fips left to right, right to left, and evry other axis. Lots of dissolves and some that are not really pertinent to marriages.

Are there 3rd party plug-ins for extra wedding transitions and maybe video overlays? Not that I am aware of.

Can audio only be placed on the 6 overlay tracks?
Yes, all tracks have individual mute, fader and volume controls.

Can power director 7 do backwards video play? NO

Is slow motion smooth or does it strobe?
Its good. I do a lot of slow pan by hand on a fluid tripod head and then use the PD7 speed control to slow even more. You get from Half-speed to 2X in a slider bar.

I record in stereo. Could I mute the right track and make the left track play on both right and left tracks?

Not sure, but you can split the audio from camera #1 and split the audio from camera #2 tracks and put them on the music and voice tracks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2008 15:26

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem