Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Your CD-key is incorrect...
[Post New]
Your CD-key is incorrect.
Please try again. (0x80040154)

I keep getting this error message when I try to activate my PowerDVD 7.0 OEM 6ch. Anyone else get this and have a solution?

I've sent Cyberlink a picture of my CD and Key, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has seen/dealt with this error and maybe can tell me how to fix it.

This copy came with my Asus Xonar D2. If that helps any.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20. 2008 18:05

Geckoar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 00:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Well I just bought a Sony BDU-X10S BD drive and it came with PowerDVD 7.3 BD 2ch and It says the CD key is wrong but its right... And the player with not update with the patch. and I keep geting a internal error when trying of use my HD-DVD drive to watch a HD-DVD.
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 11:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought Power DVD 8 today but Activation Wizard tells me my key is invalid even though I'm pasting it in.

error 0x80ab0009

Can't get through to Support via email (their Form doesn't work for me).....anyone know what to do?
gordon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2016 19:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought the power dvd to and its given me the same error saying its inviald when the key is the right one and its given me error 0x80ab009 the key is incarret I got a replay saying to disable anti vuers I don't use anti vius programs I have windows 10 so I emailed the saport saying the key is wrong and I don't have a anti vuis programe
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just bought the power dvd to and its given me the same error saying its inviald when the key is the right one and its given me error 0x80ab009 the key is incarret I got a replay saying to disable anti vuers I don't use anti vius programs I have windows 10 so I emailed the saport saying the key is wrong and I don't have a anti vuis programe

Gordon, Please don;t post to an 8 year old thread that was probably answered by Cyberlink support'

Please start your own thread and provide us with information about your computer (Windows dxdiag.exe text file) and what version of Power DVD, was it purchased or an OEM (free with hardware). If it is an OEM, does the information say it is W 10 compatible. Are you installing it on the computer it came with or on a compuiter using the hardware it came with? Those are sometimes musts for OEM software.

Did you follow these steps? http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14588

How can you run a computer without an antivirus? surprised Not even Windows Defender or Malwarebytes?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2016 09:20

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.