Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Whats your thoughts
newfielander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2012 16:50 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I done a little test using Power Director to see if my new computer I just rebuilt for video editing would impress me ,so I tried rendering the same video clip on my laptop computer, its a Toshiba Satellite L850 and it completes the process faster than my new computer, "37 seconds compared to 19 seconds "somewhat disappointed. The spec on my new computer I think is very impressive,(see attached pic) What could be the reason? Thanks
[Thumb - Screenshot (13).jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (13).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
newfielander,

If you really want to show your computer specs attach DXdiag.txt.

Part A and Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

There are many factors that determine the rendering speed of a given video.

Hardware Acceleration, yes or no, The CPU, the Graphics Card.
No two computers do the same.

A real test is if you attach the video you are testing (5 seconds to 10 seconds).
Then Editors in the forum can test on their systems and post results.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ok no problem, and yes I understand that no 2 computers do the same I was just shocked to why my little laptop was so much better than my rebuilt,with all the good parts , just something I noticed between the 2 computer is on my rebuilt computer , under 'produce' in the program, a tab I can check is called ''Hardware video encoder''and on my laptop its called, 'Intel Quick Sync Video'. When both of these are unchecked than my new computer is much faster. By the way that's quite a list of info you want me to attach and do I attach this every time I make a post?!
 Filename
Untitled.m2t
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21660 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2014 08:18

[Post New]
Quote: I done a little test using Power Director to see if my new computer I just rebuilt for video editing would impress me ,so I tried rendering the same video clip on my laptop computer, its a Toshiba Satellite L850 and it completes the process faster than my new computer, "37 seconds compared to 19 seconds "somewhat disappointed. The spec on my new computer I think is very impressive,(see attached pic) What could be the reason? Thanks

Test here with your video.

On SVRT, spent took 0.02 seconds
On render (preview on) 0.06 seconds
converting to MPEG2, 0.05 seconds (same profile)
PC of my signature AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
It could be a case of disabling the Intel Quick Sync Video through your BIOS and trying again.

I'm working on something similar on a different thread here.

Let me know how it goes, it's something I'm looking into with someone else on that thread.

Your card.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2014 08:40

newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Playsound, thats great speed , did you select ,''Intelligent SVRT" to get the best output video possible and also SVRT at the bottom or did you select the other option beside SVRT ? What do you mean by "on render"

Hi Jimbo I'm confused here ,why would I want to disable my, Intel Quick Sync Video?
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
See if it improves your rendering speed.
newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jimbo223 the Intel Quick Sync Video is on my Laptop, I don't need that to be any faster,lol.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

PC of my signature
Are you sure about those numbers? It would take longer than 2 hundredths of a second to just copy that 22Mb file from one folder to another. perhaps you have those decimals in the wrong place.

newfielander -- You can use QuickSync on the new desktop, too, but you would have to remove the nVidia card. I'm getting ready to remove my ATI card and do some testing.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2014 16:17

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Playsound, thats great speed , did you select ,''Intelligent SVRT" to get the best output video possible and also SVRT at the bottom or did you select the other option beside SVRT ? What do you mean by "on render"

Hi Jimbo I'm confused here ,why would I want to disable my, Intel Quick Sync Video?

SVRT in practice is a copy of the original video, in this case I did not apply effect, transition, text etc. ..

Quote:
Quote:

PC of my signature
Are you sure about those numbers? It would take longer than 2 hundredths of a second to just copy that 22Mb file from one folder to another. perhaps you have those decimals in the wrong place.

newfielander -- You can use QuickSync on the new desktop, too, but you would have to remove the nVidia card. I'm getting ready to remove my ATI card and do some testing.

I do not have QuickSync technology, this is native to Intel CPU, my CPU is AMD FX8350.
Hardware Aceleration: Open CL ... and Harwdare Decoder, disabled.

[Thumb - svrt-on.jpg]
 Filename
svrt-on.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2014 08:19

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
newfielander [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi why would you disable Harwdare Decoder, isn't that suppose to speed things up? Also when you say SVRT your talking about Intelligent SVRT correct?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 03. 2014 07:44

[Post New]
Quote: Hi why would you disable Harwdare Decoder, isn't that suppose to speed things up?

My video card ATI Radeon 6750.
Do not know why after saving a video file in Producer, HD shows disabled when he returns to reopen PD enabled.
I do not know if the current video drivers v.13.2 or PD12 doing this, (for MPEG2 files)
Apparently not cause any problems then leave like this.

Also when you say SVRT your talking about Intelligent SVRT correct?

Yes, Intelligent SVRT, activated the right profile, works 100%

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2014 08:06

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3