Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video quality loss when dragging to timeline
Sukoidha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2014 14:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am recording the games that I play at 30 fps and I am making videos of them so I can upload to youtube. I have already done two videos and they are good looking.

Though now, when I am adding the raw video to the timeline to start editing, it becomes very blurry and it is un watchable.

I have no idea what has changed, so I just exited out of the program thinking, it should just reset the video and timeline so i could try again but no luck.

Everytime I try to add in the video it goes blurry and it seems there is nothing I can do about it.

I even add in old videos which I have already edited just to view them again, and all of them become blurry.

Could someone please explain what could possibly be the issue?
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Check to see that your timeline settings match the same as the films you've recorded, eg: frame width/height, etc.

What if you don't quit and just start a new project after PD shows it all blurry, check the new project settings and match to the recordings.

Do your recordings look normal?
Have you checked them before importing?
They could be at a much smaller frame width/height so that when you bring them to the timeline they become strehced and blurry.

Just wondering!
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the response, Jimbo.

I am new to video editing, and I am not sure how to check the timeline settings, or how to change them.

The raw video files are recorded in 1080p with a 16:9 ratio and usually I can just drag from the folder and put it in the timeline and it usually fits perfect. It is only as I add them to the timeline, that they become really bad. This is even true if I start a new project or use the template project that I save for my videos.

I get a "you have recorded in 30fps and current timeline is at 29.95 fps, but I usually just hit ok, and it still does fine.

I would be willing to show people what I mean as well, via a skype screen share call, if people are willing to do it.

I know that it is a hobby of mine making these videos, but I still take it seriously

If anyone would mind to do a skype screen share call with me, so I can show you the problems first hand, then my handle is: sukoidha-suhail

Thank you.
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
This person had the same problem as I am having now, and I use the same recording program as him, for the same game as he was recording for as well.

It seems his only option was to move over to Sony Vegas, and I do not feel that I something that I want to do because I spent the money for the program, so I feel that it should be able to work.

If anyone can help, I am open to options.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27348.page
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
When a clip is added to the timeline the displayed quality is determined by the Preview Quality Options icon found below the preview window. Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Everything is set to High, Sir.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you mean "Full HD preview resolution" as per the icon ? Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
What I have is this: http://i.imgur.com/uugTJCQ.jpg

I do not have a HD preview option.
All vodi
[Post New]
OK. I will then assume that you are either using a trial version OR that your version is PowerDirector Delux which is a non-HD version of PD. Either one will block out the HD preview option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2014 18:21

Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Video looks like this in its raw preview file: http://i.imgur.com/uwkPlUS.jpg

Once added to the timeline the video preview now looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/DZZW0hx.jpg
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is not a free trial, I did buy the software from Herman Street, and I did confirm that they are an authorized seller of the software.

I have already made 2 videos using my version of cyberlink:

It has worked fine for those ones, they may not be the best videos in the world, but it is something that I do as a hobby and something that people can reflect back on with the time and effort we have put into the game.

All vodi
[Post New]
Please confirm which version of PD you have. Clicking on the PowerDirector logo on the upper right corner will tell you. Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK. I will then assume that you are either using a trial version OR that your version is PowerDirector Delux which is a non-HD version of PD. Either one will block out the HD preview option.

I understand that I may not have the HD preview option, but I have always been able to preview my videos from the timeline with great clarity. The end result is usually a nice looking 1080p youtube video and now it is all just blurry and not nice looking at all, as shown from my other picture links.
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Please confirm which version of PD you have. Clicking on the PowerDirector logo on the upper right corner will tell you.

PowerDirector Deluxe: 12.0.2420.0

My system is a 64 bit but it says the PD is 32 bit, that may be an issue but I would have assumed that it would have given me an issue when I first started using it?
All vodi
[Post New]
OK. As per PD's web site the HD preview is NOT available with the delux version although the app can render HD content (not a great feature).

Have you tried render a small project to see how it plays back ?

Have you changed either your video card OR it's software ? Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just tried a small 20 second recording and it is doing the same thing, it looks fine in the media content, but as soon as I bring it to the timeline, it becomes all blurry

PS: No I did not change my video card, I actually changed it before I started making videos to make it easier for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2014 18:37

Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE: Intel® Core™ i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU SPEED: 3.59 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 17.15 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 2.85 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER: nvd3dum.dll
PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE: 3 TB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE: 2.81 TB (94%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED: 2.88 MB/s (23 mbps)
All vodi
[Post New]
I suggest you download a trial version of the HD capable PD12 and see how it works. In HIGH preview mode your videos will definitely look coarse. They do on my HD version of PD12. Win 10, i7
Sukoidha [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand what you are saying HDedit, but I think my main problem, is that, they never looked like that while they were on the timeline before and now, even the end product is looking bad and blurry when I go to produce.

Its not something that used to be an issue, all my videos looked fine in High preview mode, and they uploaded to youtube at 1080p, it is something that happened very suddenly and I have no answer for.
Josh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2014 22:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I have created screen casts of my desktop and they look fine in media content, but as soon as I drag them to the timeline, they are all blurry. Even after producing them, they are still blurry. What's causing this?