Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Choosing a random speed and direction for a title or text
Ruudjes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2013 14:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, a simple question. I have a slowly moving object in a movie. Does PDR 13 allow me to ad a title or tekst ON that object and make this tekst move along with this object at the speed of that object? For instance a suitcase in the hand of someone walking, and I want a title on the suitcase, so that it looks as if the tekst is printed on the suitcase. Rudi (Belgium)
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you need to use key frames on your text layer and create a path for it to follow the object behind it.

This can be hard to achieve if the object (your suitcase) swings too much. Do you have the patience to do all the keyframes needed for the effect by hand?

PDToots is a good source for tutorials.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2014 03:13

Ruudjes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the feed back. I know about the use of key frames from former software I worked with, but you talk about a text LAYER??
That is something I don't know. When I add a title and then click on "modify" there is no option that would allow me to work with keyframes. Kind regards. Rudi (Belgium)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rudi -

To track motion in PD, you can't use a "title" because of the limitations of the starting & ending effects.

If you make your "label" as a .png with a transparent background (example attached) you can use keyframes to control the motion, scale, shape etc. In PD, that's the only way to achieve what you're after.

I had a bit of fun making this tutorial & it turned out a little bit too silly to put on PDtoots... but here it is.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Bag1.png]
 Filename
Bag1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
61 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ruudjes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tony,

thank you so much for the help. I bought PD12 and some other software in a package in November last year. Never worked with Cyberlink software before. This is a little disappointment that PD can't handle a title in a motion track. A second disappointment is that photodirector only handles TIFF and JPG and RAW so I can't even create the transparency in a Cybelink program .... too bad.

kind regards
Rudi
Rudi (Belgium)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rudi

You CAN make the "title" (with transparency) in PD.

1. Set File snapshot preferences to .png
2. Insert title only (no background image or video)
3. Format title
4. Take snapshot - which turns out just like the "bag" attachment above

The process is shown in these tutorials - http://youtu.be/LOSTXFTr1lk and http://youtu.be/2ppYghIhLPI

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ruudjes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tony,
thanks again for the explanation.
In the mean time I could realise what I wanted.

Kind regards.

Rudi Rudi (Belgium)