Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Beginning of Video is "black" or "blank" after Trimming
bessvr69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2014 18:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working on my first video. ITs pretty simply and im practicing "trimming" the video. After rendering the video, it appears that the beginning of the video shows a "black" screen. I think its black up to the amount of time I actually trimmed off the video. Then the video eventually shows, at the begging of the point where I stopped trimming.

Not sure what im doing wrong and any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2014 18:32

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Expand the time ruler by dragging it to the right. Look for holes, where there is no clip. Eliminate those holes, and see if that helps.

Be sure that the portion of the clip being trimmed is contained in the clip shown in the timeline.

I.E.: If only a portion of a clip is already on the timeline, and you attempt to trim it, the entire original clip may appear in the trim window, including video not on the timeline.

If you then trim a section of that clip that is not already on the timeline you will see only black in the newly trimmed portion.
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
What borgus said plus you want your trims to snap back to the end of the previous one. Also check the start (00:00:00:00) to make sure you have no emptiness (black) or voids in your clip.

Eg: (timeline)
[xxxx][--------------][xxxxxxx][-----------------------]

When you zoom in the timeline you might spot a gap (black void) where you used to have [xxx] video clip. So make sure:

[--------------][-----------------------]
<----snap it back

...your clips are back to back.