Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving rendered project to HDD
Petoskey resident [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Petoskey, Michigan Joined: Feb 09, 2014 22:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
How do I save a rendered project to a HDD so I can later burn it to a DVD. I'd also like to be able to edit it later in PD 12.
I've used, PRODUCE>DEVICE>HDD. But it saves in HD which I do not now need and shows aprox 9 hours to completion.
Burning a 1 hour project with chapters, subtitles, rotations and crops took 1 hr 40 minutes to burn to DVD, which is fine.
Also is there a glossary of terms for PD 12.
Thanks over the last several months I've looked at several editing packages. Obviously I have a lot to learn.

Wind 7 Home premium 2009
Rating 4.3
AMD Pheom 9850 quad core Processor 2.50 GHz
Ram 6.0 usable 5.87
64 bit OS
Hauppauge win tv Hvr-1800(nodel 78 xxx, combo atsc/qam

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
To edit the file later in PS12 you just save the project, this doesn't save the actual 'rendered' file but saves a 'Script"(XML file I believe) with the project file locations, effects, titles etc. you have made. Now to make a DVD type file you go to "Create disk" option, select (or design a menu) then when that is done there is a 'icon' lower right to burn to disk. From that module there is two option burn to disk (which has a drop down listing the disks available and another option to 'Burn to folder" again with a choice of where and what directory to burn to (it has 3 dots) after it which you select to browse to the HDD. MY suggestion is to burn to folder first (not to a DVD burner) as you can preview the finished video without making coasters if something foes wrong, then use Power2go or ImgBurn (free) to burn the folder which you used.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Petoskey resident [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Petoskey, Michigan Joined: Feb 09, 2014 22:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your fast reply.
You mentioned that your instructions don't save the actual rendered project but the locations etc. I assume that it would then have to be rendered which takes 1 hr 40 mins. Is there a way to save a rendered version to a file which can then be just burned to disc without taking time to render it?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Maybe I wasn't very clear on the instructions. The saved "pds" file just connect to the videos, effects etc used in the project. You can 'Produce" the project to a 'Name' and destination which will produce in the format you choose, to a folder you choose, but I believe if you have to do any editing it is complicated as all your effects, titles etc are embedded in the final production not as separate entities. Then you can view the "produced' video (if you viewer recognizes the format). This can then be brought into 'Menu designer" as a chapter.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!