Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2go won't start up.
Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2006 08:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently installed this and it will not start up. after double clicking on the icon, the cursor changes to hourglass for a few moments and then nothing! It's as if nothing was there to start with, though the programme is fully installed.

please help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bruce,

1. What version of Power2Go are you using?
2. What other Disc Writing software do you have on your system?

I would uninstall the software using Add Remove programs in the Control Panel or the Uninstall shortcut in the Start/All programs/CyberLink Power2Go.

I would then restart the computer. Next I would look in Program Files/CyberLink and delete the directory folder (if present) Power2Go. Now this isn't a 100% uninstall but good enough at this time. Now reinstall P2Go... just make sure your re-install isn't interrupted by a background process etc (this doesn't usually bother my set up).

Let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
Bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2006 08:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot for that Dafydd. I'll give it a try.

b.
nike61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2006 07:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Bruce,

1. What version of Power2Go are you using?
2. What other Disc Writing software do you have on your system?

I would uninstall the software using Add Remove programs in the Control Panel or the Uninstall shortcut in the Start/All programs/CyberLink Power2Go.

I would then restart the computer. Next I would look in Program Files/CyberLink and delete the directory folder (if present) Power2Go. Now this isn't a 100% uninstall but good enough at this time. Now reinstall P2Go... just make sure your re-install isn't interrupted by a background process etc (this doesn't usually bother my set up).

Let me know how you get on.

Dafydd

Had same issue, loaded both from CD and tried from free download on memebers site tonight.
All installed well no issues.
Click the icon to start either from start menu or from directory direct.

Also tried to uninstall.
This just started the uninstaller then went off the screen.
Directories and everything still there.
Tried also to uninstall from Control Panel and started uninstalling but also still there.
Next thing was to delete directory as mentioned which worked.
Reloaded
Reinstalled
All same issues.

All other software on PC is working.
Please help
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

You have to look for causes and become a detective when software doesn't function....

Possible causes...
1. Corrupt file download
2. Security software prevents activation
3. Clashes with another software.

Nike61, your uninstall/install problem... look at your system.

I can not repeat the problem indicated in the postings here.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2006 12:39

stevo-downunder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2007 00:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
. Hi
I am a newbie at this and am experiencing the same problems as Bruce. I have downloaded the freebies Power2Go 4 and Lablemaker from CyberLink and all went well until I tried to open them then the hourglass ran for 5secs then nothing. I have burnt a DVD using PowerDirector 7 and all ok but Power2Go and Lablemaker just won't fire up. I am a little disappointed with CyberLink as PD7 would not run either. I had to find out for myself that Samsung phone software stopped it from working.
Help tells me to turn off all security, which I won't do as wireless modems are connected to the Internet all the time. Is there a way round this. The only other burning program that I have is Pinnacle.
What can I do to get these working Alan 123
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alan,

So.. from what I gather, you've installed software onto your computer that clashes with PowerDirector - VERSION 6 (Or do you know something I don't?).
P2Go4 (free) is a cut down version I think - cant write DVD's.

I always have my security settings on...

Burning software - yes even Pinnacle's can and do cause problems.

I use PD and other editing software BUT I burn my discs using P2Go 5.5 - from past experience and the limitations of Windows and drivers I'm careful.

Uninstall/Reinstall PD - it should overwrite pinnacle. Do the same for the rest. I'm not a P2Go techie...

Then try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector
And reboot your PC.
After this, please install your PowerDirector 6.0.

Do the same for the other software.

During installation please note that PD6 requires you to allow DivX to access the internet.

Dafydd

Quote: . Hi
I am a newbie at this and am experiencing the same problems as Bruce. I have downloaded the freebies Power2Go 4 and Lablemaker from CyberLink and all went well until I tried to open them then the hourglass ran for 5secs then nothing. I have burnt a DVD using PowerDirector 7 and all ok but Power2Go and Lablemaker just won't fire up. I am a little disappointed with CyberLink as PD7 would not run either. I had to find out for myself that Samsung phone software stopped it from working.
Help tells me to turn off all security, which I won't do as wireless modems are connected to the Internet all the time. Is there a way round this. The only other burning program that I have is Pinnacle.
What can I do to get these working
stevo-downunder [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
I must not have explained things very well.
I have no problems with PowerDirector (yet), I have produced and burnt a short mpeg HQ DVD which plays on my TV.

What I can't do is open Power2Go or LableMaker from either the Desktop or All Programs. The download seemed to go ok and I got no warnings, they sit there and ignore me.

Alan Alan 123
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alan,

Please uninstall the two programs and then re-install.... see the instructions for PowerDirector and carry the same actions (for Labelmaker and P2Go).

This action will over-write anything that's been previously placed or used and make the two software dominant.

Have you other writing software on your PC - if yes, this could be the cause of the problem?

I have PdD6 and P2Go 5.5 Next Gen on my PC's and they work fine...without any problems.

Dafydd
stevo-downunder [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
Yes I have other writingware on my computer that I use for other functions. Do you have a list of problematic software as I would like to avoid purchasing it in the future and it would help me to identify what I need to consider getting rid of. I find it strange that PowerDirector runs and burns but Power2Go and LableMaker wont.
Alan Alan 123
Dmitry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2008 21:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I have the same problem with the latest downloaded version of Power2Go.
I even downloaded the installer with 2 different download managers and with browser.

Tried all the suggestions from this thread - nothing helps

Installation / Reinstallation, Restarting the machine, turning off the security and antivirus, cleaning the registry entries - nothing helps.

Maybe P2G can create some startup log for analysis?

Please, help!!! I think P2G is just what I need.

Memory: 2G Samsung
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 18:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the trial. Never received activation code.

What good is the trial if you can't run it.