Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector Share to Facebook Page
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Can you "Share" photos to a FB Page direct from PhotoDirector?

I can't find an option for this and can only seem to be able to do it to t FB profile.

Thanks! PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Hello wrj002,

You'll possibly want to kick yourself, but try to avoid self-harm!

You can share photos on Flickr or Facebook through (a) the File menu or (b) the Share button in the bottom right corner.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Share.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Share.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
159 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
381 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2014 22:10

PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello wrj002,

You'll possibly want to kick yourself, but try to avoid self-harm!

You can share photos on Flickr or Facebook through (a) the File menu or (b) the Share button in the bottom right corner.

Yeah. I can share to a profile but not a "Page".

A Page is set up by someone with a FB profile but is a separate "entity". It might be a Company Page or a Club Page or whatever.
Login to admin is via the profile of whoever set it up (or assigned administrators) .

As an example: When you "Publicize" automatically from WordPress you get the option to publish to the FB personal "profile" page or the "Page" set up. Don't get that option with PhotoDirector. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
My apologies,

You'll have to forgive my social media naivety. I thought a FB "page" was a regular profile.

After reading your description & folowing up with http://easykey.net/facebook-help/what-is-the-difference-between-a-facebook-profile-page-and-group I think I understand.

Now I have to kick myself!

I cannot see a way to upload from PhD directly to a page I even went to the bother of creating a page to test it - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photo-Directors-Community/213458972188666

Sharing through PhD sent the photo to my PIX el profile. To upload to the page, I had to use the normal route.

PhotoDirector, apparently, only facilitates uploads to FB profiles.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

PIX

No problem.
Might be a good suggestion to make for this ability. I'll hit the suggestions thread. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.