Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error code: eC00C0005 burning 2D DVD with customised menu
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have the same error. This is my first time attempting to produce a disc. Here is the diagnostic file:

Thanks for taking the time to review the Read Me Before Posting sticky! I think you should visit the Dell support page for your Inspiron 5570 and see if the diagnostic program will run. If not, take a look at all the recent updates and see if you would want to install any of them, like the newest BIOS.

There is also a specific fix for the Blu-Ray disc drive and Cyberlink, which may be the exact cause for your error!

One big problem I see in your DxDiag results is that the end of the file shows that you've had at least 10 BSOD crashes. They are all the same error, and they seem to be related to the video driver, which is from Feb 2018.

Although the release date on Dell's site for the latest driver is today, it's actually the same version already on your system. According to step 4 in this article, you may want to download the "update" anyway so you can reinstall it after uninstalling the existing copy. I think you should actually start with step 2.

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions will improve your system's stability and let you get back to editing/burning.
CoderJay
Newbie Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Jun 08, 2019 05:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Although this post is many years old, it still has some helpful information.

I just ran into this issue today when attempting to burn a blu ray disc using PowerDirector 17. (June 28, 2019)

In PowerDirector, I opened Settings > Hardware Acceleration and unchecked "Enable hardwware decoding".

Then I clicked on Optimize...

After that, I opened Create Disc > Burn in 2D > and Unchecked "Enable Intel Quick Sync Video"

My next attempt to burn the blu ray disc was successful.
Bad wolf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2019 11:50 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to be another to resurrect this thread

I, like so many others am getting this error code. What I don't understand is that over the past 2 weeks I have very successfully created several videos of stage performances, all about 1.5 hours long with 5.1 sound, 2 x chapters and customised menus. I have unchecked the boxes as detailed in previous posts and am trying to write to hard disc, not directly to dvd. Sure enough up pops this error code. In desparation, I have then tried to render again some of the videos which ran and burned successfully, only to get the same error code every time. This, off course is making PowerDirector 17 totally useless. I have updated Windows10, removed the customised menus, changed font sizes but nothing appears to work. The only other thing that I can do is just ditch PD17 and try another creator.

Why has this started to error when all was working well. I have not changed anything from the previous production methods. I have uninstalled and reloaded PD17 from scratch, can it be my PC, or Windows 10. I am at a total loss over this one.

Can anyone help please.
[Thumb - 20210103 Screenshot 01.jpg]
 Filename
20210103 Screenshot 01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
310 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to be another to resurrect this thread... I have not changed anything from the previous production methods... .

if you've read the CoderJay's remarks then the work around is to DISABLE ALL HA when you're creating discs!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but I have already disabled all Hardware Acceleration on this and other projects.

The other projects worked fine, this one suffers from the failure and error codes as outlined and now so do the previous projects. Is it memory,hard drive space or what. There is plenty of Virtual Memory and disc space. I am not writing to disc at this time. I have gone through several of the posted work arounds including resizing the text on menus but no joy. The only things that have been added to this particular project is scrolling end titles and the size of the text on the two menu screens which have been returned to the original size and cannot think of any other stuff that has changed. Why would this error now show up on previous projects? I have even updated Win10 just in case. It is almost as though something has been crippled on 1st January??
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
So projects that used to work now don't. What's the only thing that's changed - Windows 10 update? 'Nuff said.

My advice would be to try to use the Windows System Restore facility to roll back any updates that have occurred since the problem started. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fenman - Thanks, sorry, I did not make it clear that this problems started before the Win10 update. I checked for updates for Windows as I thought that this (misguided fool that I am) might have been the problem as I have been avoiding Win10 updates for ages as I know what trouble they cause, along with instant obsolescence to older, useful, programmes. It is possible that Windows updated at the 2020/21 roll over and I did not pick it up. It doesn't look like anyone else is having similar problems. Unless I can find out how to fix it PD17 is now sadly useless. As an aside, the Win10 update has alteady killed off my 'Virtual XP' along with the files within it which I have been unable to restore from my backups. It is not a happy new year up to now!!!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I was, in fact, referring to possible updates that had occurred before your explicit one. That's why I suggested rolling back to a time before you noticed the problem.

As a matter of interest only this morning my daughter emailed me to say that the latest update seemed to have deleted all her email accounts and she'd had to fall back to using a tablet. I have a personal hatred of Windows 10 principally because of the removal of any control over updates.

I was forced into having it when I purchased a new laptop a couple of years back. It seems to be constantly nagging me to restart after an update and the only control there is is to delay updates for up to 35 days. In addition my laptop periodically starts up with a blue page headed "Let's finish setting up your system" trying to induce me to create an account with Micro$oft. From what I've learned from the Windows 10 Forum there is no way to turn this off.

As you can see from my signature I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop PC and I've always maintained tight control of updating. It's currently stable and I intend to keep it that way. The recent cessation of support for Windows 7 is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

If you're still able to find a restore point prior to your problem I still think it would be worth a try. It would at least show if an update is responsible. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fenman - Things have gone from bad to worse and the restore has brough upother failures which I will have to address such as a recurring cftmon.exe failure so it looks like are going to take some time to sort out.
Fenman
[Post New]
I don't profess to know anything about the internals of Windows but a web search brought up this explanation of the purpose of ctfmon.exe. Looks like you might not need it.

I take it from your reply that isn't the only issue though so I'm sorry if my advice has put you in a worse situation. Have you been able to see if your PD17 problem is resolved?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2021 10:16

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, but I have already disabled all Hardware Acceleration on this and other projects...

k.
have you try to burn to a folder method and create a disc using ImgBurn ?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Everyone.

Can I make this plain, I am not trying to burn directly to disc, I am creating the files to computer hard drive. I have turned off hardware acceleration and Intel Quick Sync Video. The video is about 1.5 hours long, divided into 2 acts. There are menu 'slides' in jpg/tif format at the start. The 2 acts are separated by by tile 'slide'. At the end there is a scrolling 'credit' title created in the title room. there is additional music added on an audio track line. There are menus consisting of one root menu leading to a further menu containing two motion thumbnails (one for each act) which are overlaid onto a jpg/tif/bmp (not sure) background. 5.1 dolby aound is enabled. I think that just about covers most appects of what I have done except for the background technical stuff such as the type of original movie files which are MTS format, captured on a Canon XA11 camera.

The most important point, to my mind is that this set-up was used up to 31st December 2020 when the last dvd files were successfully created. After the New Year, even the projects that were successfully rendered to hard drive would not render again.

I have tried to return my PC to a point prior to any Windows 10 update which may have come in at the New Year and nearly wrecked my PC, having to spend the last day trying to restore Windows to any sort of useable state. I have followed as many work arounds to sort out this error code that I can find, but nothing has worked. Nobody appears to have any sort of explanation as to what (or why) this error code keeps coming up and, as you may be able to tell from this post, it is all very frustrating having learned how to use PowerDirector 17, create the video only to have it fail at the rendering stage for no apparent reason. I have also uninstalled PD17 and re-installed it from scratch.

One final point that I would bring to your notice which might help is that there appears to be an update available for my version of PD17 which, when run, fails due to error code type MD5 checking.

Is there anyone out there who can help before I finally give up and consign PD17 to the bin.
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mike (Fenman) - As you can see from my post above, I have managed to get my system working again. Don't worry about your advice, it was given in good faith in order to help and I thank you for it. You are not responsible for my lack of comuter skills!! However, as you can see the problem with PD17 still remains. Whether it is Windows, my system or that PD17 has been corrupted I don't know, but it i all causing me problems that I don't want, life is too short to fight all of these things.

If anyone out there can help, all advice will be taken on board but if PD17 won't work on the latest (2021??!!) release/update of Windows 10 then it is no good to me as I lack the competer skills to sort it out.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Mike (Fenman) - As you can see from my post above, I have managed to get my system working again. Don't worry about your advice, it was given in good faith in order to help and I thank you for it. You are not responsible for my lack of comuter skills!! However, as you can see the problem with PD17 still remains. Whether it is Windows, my system or that PD17 has been corrupted I don't know, but it i all causing me problems that I don't want, life is too short to fight all of these things.

If anyone out there can help, all advice will be taken on board but if PD17 won't work on the latest (2021??!!) release/update of Windows 10 then it is no good to me as I lack the competer skills to sort it out.

More than likely, if you have not modified the menu in some destructive way, on the "2D Disc" tab, select LPCM audio, my guess you have DTS selected.

Jeff
Bad wolf [Avatar]
[Post New]

More than likely, if you have not modified the menu in some destructive way, on the "2D Disc" tab, select LPCM audio, my guess you have DTS selected.

Jeff

That will never work..... I thought.....
but its worth a try...... I thought.......
So tracked down the settings and yes it was set to DTS so switched it......
This is a waste of time....... I thought

and pressed the switch.... and off it went..... and is still running!!!!!!!

It worked. So simple, so hard to find as a beginner. I can't believe that the DTS had got checked by accident and that it appears to be the source of what became, so many problems.

Jeff - thank you so much. Once again you have bailed me out.
Mike - thank you as well for your guidance

It really proves the value of forums like this to share ideas and help. Those who post with no other thoughts than to help others are absolutely INVALUABLE especially in this current troubled times.

THANK YOU ALL

There is now the problem of why the updates won't install (!!!), but I think that's for a different thread.
Fenman
[Post New]
I'm so pleased to hear you've got it resolved. Well done Jeff !! Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

That will never work..... I thought.....
but its worth a try...... I thought.......
So tracked down the settings and yes it was set to DTS so switched it......
This is a waste of time....... I thought

and pressed the switch.... and off it went..... and is still running!!!!!!!

It worked. So simple, so hard to find as a beginner. I can't believe that the DTS had got checked by accident and that it appears to be the source of what became, so many problems.

Jeff - thank you so much. Once again you have bailed me out.
Mike - thank you as well for your guidance

It really proves the value of forums like this to share ideas and help. Those who post with no other thoughts than to help others are absolutely INVALUABLE especially in this current troubled times.

THANK YOU ALL

There is now the problem of why the updates won't install (!!!), but I think that's for a different thread.

Hi,

Keep an eye on this topic, hopefully the issue with DTS that affects some projects will be patched in the near future.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84211.page#post_box_348303

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator