Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error code: eC00C0005 burning 2D DVD with customised menu
JonathanC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gloucestershire, UK Joined: Feb 05, 2014 05:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, I'm currently trialing Power Director before I purchase it. When I try to burn a 2D DVD I get the error code eC00C0005 pop up. This only appears to happen if I have designed my own menu. I can burn a DVD with a menu template from the library without a problem. Hope you can help. Regards, Jonathan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2014 05:37

Jonathan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there, I'm currently trialing Power Director before I purchase it. When I try to burn a 2D DVD I get the error code eC00C0005 pop up. This only appears to happen if I have designed my own menu. I can burn a DVD with a menu template from the library without a problem. Hope you can help. Regards, Jonathan

The trial software may be limited in what it can do.

Can you explain what and how you made your menu?

Please post this PartB information on your computer. Follow these instructions:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JonathanC [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gloucestershire, UK Joined: Feb 05, 2014 05:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
hi Stevek,

thank you for your reply.

I just went to make my own menu, it's a very simple menu, with a jpg as a backgound image on all pages and an mp3 as an audio running during the menu on all pages. no moving images, just a root menu and a chapter menu pointing to 3 chapters, nothing too fancy. and when i burn a 2D DVD from this i get the error.

when i burn a 2D DVD from a template menu already provided, even incluiding my own mp3 audio file (that i use when customising my own menu - that fails) - it works and i can burn my DVD successfully. I'm thinking it must either be that the trial version is limited or there is something wrong with my jpg image - but i'm suspect with that.

I'm running windows 8 at home on an Intel I7 with 16GB ram, so can't see my memory being a problem. Will post the Part B info as soon as i can. Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,
Jonathan
Jonathan
JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK, dxdiag file attached for my system as requested. Regards, Jonathan
 Filename
JonathanC_DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
437 time(s)
Jonathan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi SteveK, dxdiag file attached for my system as requested. Regards, Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. Please return your Windows font to 96 dpi (100%), Yours is set higher than that.

In the program, go to settings and then Hardware Acceleration. If you don;t have use hardware, then select to change that; if you do, uncheck it.

Is the image a standard jpeg or does it have a different compression? Navigate to it and right click on it. Select details and post a screen shot of the details.

If that doesn't work and no one else has any ideas, then it may be part of the function that is disabled. I don;t think so though.

Are you sure you are trialing PD 11 since PD 12 is the latest and greatest. If you are using PD 11 where did you get it from?
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK, thank you for your help with this, attached is a zip file with screen shots of my windows font (i've now changed to), hardware acceleration settings from PD11, as they originally were before I changed anything, the details of the jpg im trying to use in the menu and version of PD I'm running.

so i've put my windows font to 100%, unchecked the boxes in hardware acceleration and will give it another go and let you know how i get on.

I'm trailing media suite 11 downloaded from the cyberlink website. Reason for this is because it comes with a whole host of other useful applications, and when I got this PC from Dell about a month ago, it came with media suite essentials (which didn't let me use PD - I had to upgrade). So I thought, let me trial it all first and if happy, I'll upgrade and best of all, this upgrade comes at a good discount being a Dell customer.

Regards,
Jonathan
 Filename
pd version.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
390 time(s)
Jonathan
JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK, just had another go at burning the DVD with your suggested setting and still get the same error. i've attached a screen shot of the error.

Regards,
Jonathan
[Thumb - error screen.jpg]
 Filename
error screen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
329 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
105 time(s)
Jonathan
stevek
[Post New]
That image is very small; only 300 pixels by 300 pixels. Where did you get that?

What happens if you use a "normal" sized image? Something in the 3000 by 2000 or so pixel range?

After that I am out of ideas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2014 16:46

JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK,

That image came off the Internet, google images. I will look for a bigger image and try that.

Interesting that I have just been playing around on Power Producer and am able to burn a DVD with customised menu with that same jpg image and background audio. Only thing is, with the trial version of Power producer it only lets you burn a disc up to 30mins long.

I'm thinking that if the larger image doesn't work in PD customised menu - it may be something to do with a limited version of PD for the trail software

Regards,
Jonathan Jonathan
JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK,

Just tried again with larger image of about 4000 x 2800, but still get the error message.
I thinking this must be something to do with the trial.
At least I can burn dvd's from a template and add my own audio to the menu in PD and also burn dvd's with my own image and audio on the menu in power producer. thanks for all your help with this.

what's the betting that if i do decide to purchase the full version of media suite it will work fine?

regards,
jonathan Jonathan
JonathanC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi SteveK,

I have received some support direct from Cyberlink and after following it I am now getting a new error code: eC0030106, which I cannot find any info about. Do you know what this error code refers to and any ideas of a solution?

I attach the correspondent from Cyberlink and a screen shot of new error code.

Regards,
Jonathan
[Thumb - error screen.jpg]
 Filename
error screen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
329 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
103 time(s)
 Filename
cyberlink support response.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1024 time(s)
Jonathan
Richard Hamilton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2014 23:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there, I'm currently trialing Power Director before I purchase it. When I try to burn a 2D DVD I get the error code eC00C0005 pop up. This only appears to happen if I have designed my own menu. I can burn a DVD with a menu template from the library without a problem. Hope you can help. Regards, Jonathan

Gee, this error has been a problem for many years in all versions. It has gotten so I don't even use PowerDirector to create DVDs. I use a competitive program that works perfectly. More than 50% of the time, it has never worked without errors, and the DVD creation editor is just too complex and too limited. That has occurred on various computers, various operating systems, and various versions of the software in the 8 years I have used it.

To end on a positive note, PD is great for creating really nice movies and has lots of great features. I use it for that. Thanks for that. Make a more reliable and easier to user DVD creator.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
This is a five-year-old thread you've resurrected. However I have to agree wholeheartedly with your comments. I've been beefing about this for a long time. Like you I use a third-party program for DVD authoring. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything equivalent that can author Blu-Ray discs so am forced to use the incredibly clunky Power Director offering. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
stevek
[Post New]
I guess I have to disagree. I have used 2 other programs to make DVD/blu rays and have not found this program to be clunky or really limited. We all have our own way of making DVDs

Once you make an ISO file, have you tried to use Power2GO to burn the DVD? There is a free trial that gives you all the features for 15 days. If you want those features after that 15 days, you can buy it for probably much less than another video editing/burning program. .
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

I think if you'd used the program that I use for DVD authoring you would immediately see the difference. It's very powerful and flexible yet intuitive and simple to use. I've never found Power Director's Create Disc function intuitive - every time I use it I have to re-learn some bits of it - and it's very inflexible in my opinion.

Still, each to their own I guess. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
stevek
[Post New]
Quote Hi Steve,

I think if you'd used the program that I use for DVD authoring you would immediately see the difference. It's very powerful and flexible yet intuitive and simple to use. I've never found Power Director's Create Disc function intuitive - every time I use it I have to re-learn some bits of it - and it's very inflexible in my opinion.

Still, each to their own I guess.

Fenman, I suggested Power2Go for disc burning. Did you ever try that? .
Fenman
[Post New]
Steve, I always use PD's Create Disc to generate an ISO file then use ImgBurn to burn the disc. I never have any problems with that.

My beef is with the disc authoring interface which I hate. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Richard Hamilton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2014 23:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Steve, I always use PD's Create Disc to generate an ISO file then use ImgBurn to burn the disc. I never have any problems with that.

My beef is with the disc authoring interface which I hate.

Bingo, I do exactly the same thing and same product.
GYo97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2019 16:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same error. This is my first time attempting to produce a disc. Here is the diagnostic file:
 Filename
GYo97.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have the same error. This is my first time attempting to produce a disc. Here is the diagnostic file:

Thanks for taking the time to review the Read Me Before Posting sticky! I think you should visit the Dell support page for your Inspiron 5570 and see if the diagnostic program will run. If not, take a look at all the recent updates and see if you would want to install any of them, like the newest BIOS.

There is also a specific fix for the Blu-Ray disc drive and Cyberlink, which may be the exact cause for your error!

One big problem I see in your DxDiag results is that the end of the file shows that you've had at least 10 BSOD crashes. They are all the same error, and they seem to be related to the video driver, which is from Feb 2018.

Although the release date on Dell's site for the latest driver is today, it's actually the same version already on your system. According to step 4 in this article, you may want to download the "update" anyway so you can reinstall it after uninstalling the existing copy. I think you should actually start with step 2.

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions will improve your system's stability and let you get back to editing/burning.