Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 13 asks for activation key AGAIN
monwentworth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2013 17:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I bought Powerdvd 13 less than a month ago. It has been working flawlessly. Today, out of the blue, the program started to ask for the activation key everytime I launch the app. The thing is it says the key I have is incorrect and closes the app. The key is the one I have when I bought the app, so I don't know what is going on.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
That's uncommon from my experience. I'm not sure if this will help, but I unchecked "Check for Product Updates" after the installation. It's under Player Settings>General tab.

If the problem persists you might want to uninstall the application and start over. After you uninstall the app, run the "CLCleaner For PowerDVD 13" which can be found on Cyberlink support site by googling that phrase.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I bought Powerdvd 13 less than a month ago. It has been working flawlessly. Today, out of the blue, the program started to ask for the activation key everytime I launch the app. The thing is it says the key I have is incorrect and closes the app. The key is the one I have when I bought the app, so I don't know what is going on.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Hi,
please get in touch with technical Support Team.
the symptoms you describe are very often related to an rogue Antivirus Program or some "System optimization" Tools, those Tools very often delete Folders/data they think is not needed...

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
monwentworth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2013 17:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That's uncommon from my experience. I'm not sure if this will help, but I unchecked "Check for Product Updates" after the installation. It's under Player Settings>General tab.

If the problem persists you might want to uninstall the application and start over. After you uninstall the app, run the "CLCleaner For PowerDVD 13" which can be found on Cyberlink support site by googling that phrase.

Ok, so I uninstalled the program and run the CLCleaner, rebooted and reinstalled. It is working.

Thank you very much for your help.