Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My VCD player cannot rcognise my CD
Timothy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2008 05:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I'm new to Power director. I'm using the trial version V 7.00.1714.

I've completed two projects, burnt them to disc and replayed them successfully on my VCD player.

Now when I burn a new project to CD, my VDC does not recognise the finished CD. I've checked Power director settings and nothing seems to have changed. CD’s are the same.. (I purchased new ones to eliminate a CD issue)
I’m able to play the CD on my computer. (By selecting the “AVSEQ01.DAT” file manually (The CD has 4 directories, I have to open the file in the MPEG AV directory and play the file using windows Media player)
Note the following 4 directories are on all the CD’s including the projects that I’m able to play): Directories are EXT. MPEGAV, SEGMENT, and VCD

I create the discs without a menu, use VCD format, VCD HQ setting and MPEG Audio type… (All defaults)

Any suggestions will be greatly received,

Cheers

Tim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2008 13:38

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Timothy,

It is a few years since I made a VCD. It is very straight forward stuff... and you appear to have done the "business" the first two times.

Be careful of the fixed parameters of a VCD as you cant muck them about at all.

The only suggestion is try again and use a different disc. Use to be a lot of issues with VCD and discs used. Players used to reject PC playing ones etc. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2008 15:58