Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with audio being changed
BevLive1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Liverpool Joined: Jan 31, 2014 10:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all.

I've been using Power director 12 for a small while now and i've only recently had a problem with it, in that, it will accept most recorded formats, but from one camera which records in stereo, it keeps turning the audio into mono.

No other editor does this that i have used. When the video is played prior to editing, it is in stereo, when i trim the video while trimming the audio is in stereo, when i have finished trimming, the audio turns to mono.

I have no way of changing this on the programme, but did try audacity, which turned the edited audio from mono to stereo, so i placed that on the vieo, replacing the orig audio track and... it turned it to mono.

No other device causes this problem, only this camera, which records in .avi file type.

Any advice?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi that's weird.

Even when you produce your edited clip and view it as a movie file it's in mono? (Not just viewing it in the live Preview window?)
What is the make and model of this camera?

Try clearing your cache - Click the Gear looking icon on top which is the Preferences>General> click Manually Delete

Rob
[Thumb - Manually Delete Cache files.PNG]
 Filename
Manually Delete Cache files.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
177 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
49 time(s)
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
BevLive1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Liverpool Joined: Jan 31, 2014 10:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi that's weird.

Even when you produce your edited clip and view it as a movie file it's in mono? (Not just viewing it in the live Preview window?)
What is the make and model of this camera?

Try clearing your cache - Click the Gear looking icon on top which is the Preferences>General> click Manually Delete

Rob

During the editing of the video, the video's audio is in stereo, yet when you have finished trimming, the video goes to mono, only the left channel. There's no way of getting the audio back to stereo it'd seem with this editor. I have looked into this before on this site and it seems to be abit of a common problem.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BevLive1 ,
Please can you provide a sample video file for members to test out and replicate your issue? What is the make and model of your camera?

We'll need a 5 second sample. Point and record with your camera for 5 seconds and then upload the recorded file to the forum.

Select Post Reply/Attachments, Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/31908.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2014 06:11

Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Bev,

FWIW: a mono file can be copied dual-channel. In fact early versions of Stereo Audio were actually Mono output on left and right channels.

Modern Stereo (pre-5.1 surround sound) was an evolution which involved real sound engineering to give the effect of sound in motion.

So your AVI files might be stereo, but with identical audio on both left and right channels.

My first digital recorder behaved like that.
The audio wasn't really Stereo but Mono on both channels.

Hope this helps.