Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need PIP Transparency
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
I am digging in to the latest PD7 and Effects but I dont see one which will do what I want.

I would like to take the uppermost PIP layer (or layers) and make them have a specific level of transparency so that the underlayer (another PIP or Video) bleeds through just like you would do with Photoshop layers.

It seems an obvious proposition but I cant seem to get it done.
I tried reducing the brightness of a PIP and saving it and then using a gray chroma-key to make the Video layer bleed thru but its klutzy and not at all what I wanted.

Any help out there?

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ron,

How about a video... would you like one?

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/222/pd7-need-pip-transparency/

I think it's what you were after.

Dafydd
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
I am calling Patey Hats in London to get the donkey ears fitted as soon as I get over the shame of not reading the Help file on PIP.

Many thanks. - Great instructional video too.

Now where did I leave my keys...? If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
One day Dafydd will make us a movie on how exactly he goes about making these instructional videos??
anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2008 16:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
wow..that was great..
anthony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan could you make a video showing me how to put all six pip in motion from different angles..thanks..i just bought this yesterday and have no clue on how to use it yet..
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/230/pd7-chaotic-pip-motion/

A bit rough and ready... overly long.... and chaotic.

Dafydd
anthony [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks
Dafydd Bevan