Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Render issues.
KennyBooBear
Newbie Location: San Jose, CA Joined: Jan 22, 2014 15:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I reckon these sorts of topics are fairly commonplace, but I'll give it a go.

In short, I rendered a project last night successfully, without any hitches. This morning, I go to render another project from the same event (video ultimately recorded from the same camera as the previous) to no avail. It literally gets about as far as 00:00:48 and then just sits while the ETA continually goes up. The only way out of the program is killing the task, and cancelling the rendering, while effective on the UI doesn't actually seem to stop the process and I'm still disallowed to go back to the production menus.

I've gone ahead and updated to the latest build since, and have also noticed that ANY video I attempt to render, without making any changes or modifications to said video, stops at the exact same point.

Any advice?

My thoughts are that there's a cache folder somewhere that may be corrupt that I can simply delete, causing it to rebuild itself.... but I could be entirely wrong.

In short.

No hardware or software changes have occurred from last night until now, yet suddenly I'm unable to render any video, regardless of disabling fast render or not. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
KennyBooBear
[Post New]
Haven't heard anything back yet so I'm going to assume my dxdiag and system specs are necessary.

Specs -

Windows 7 Pro x64
AMD - Vishera FX-8350
Patriot Viper 3 - 32 GB Ram @ 1866mhz via. 4 8gb modules
AMD MSI Twin Frozr 3 7970
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 mainboard

Do any of the aforementioned have known hardware compat. issues with this software? Again, I doubt this since it worked fine literally 4 hours prior to this occurring, and no system changes have occurred between, but it's still worth asking.

Additionally, my dxdiag is below.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diagnostic Log
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2014 21:14

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Ken,

You certainly have more than enough horse power to do such a simple task.
Have you tried manually clearing out your cache location Preference>General>Manually Delete.

Also deleting the Project files stored in your Export folder, mine is set up to go my D: drive into a folder I created called .. "Project Files"
location Preferences>File>Export Folder

Rob
[Thumb - Preferences File b.PNG]
 Filename
Preferences File b.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
158 time(s)
[Thumb - Manually Delete Cache files.PNG]
 Filename
Manually Delete Cache files.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
177 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
177 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2014 09:19

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
KennyBooBear
[Post New]
Quote: Hey Ken,

You certainly have more than enough horse power to do such a simple task.
Have you tried manually clearing out your cache location Preference>General>Manually Delete.

Also deleting the Project files stored in your Export folder, mine is set up to go my D: drive into a folder I created called .. "Project Files"
location Preferences>File>Export Folder

Rob

Apologies for the month-long delay! I had basically given up hope and forgotten about this forum until just now spotting it in my history, and deciding to check back. I'll attempt that now and follow up with my results.

Cheers.
KennyBooBear
[Post New]
Just to follow up, one or both of those things seemed to have resolved my issue. The temp cache had already cleared itself in the time I stopped using PowerDirector to now, so I just went ahead and deleted everything from my export folder (about 8gb of data). Seems odd that 8gb would have halted the app, so I'm going to assume it was the crap in my temp cache at the time.

Thanks for your assistance! If you're ever in San Jose, you've earned yourself a beer.

Cheers.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Apologies for the month-long delay! I had basically given up hope and forgotten about this forum until just now spotting it in my history, and deciding to check back. I'll attempt that now and follow up with my results.

Cheers.

You can update your profile on the Cyberlink Forum to send you email notices. Then any time anyone posts on one of your posts you will get a notice in Email.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.