Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD won't play Blu Rays
koboldrot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2014 19:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have some issues playing Blu Rays with Power DVD 13.0.3520.58. When I start a BR, the loading window appears normally. But after the BR is completely loaded and the loading window has disappeared the screen stays black, there is no audio and the time right to the navigational slider is set to "-0:00:06" - no matter which BR I'm using.. I tried to adjust the settings (hardware/software decoding; allowing Power DVD to disable aero; BD-Live network; allowing connection when certification is invalid etc) but nothing helped.

Can someone help me? Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks, Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2014 20:05

SDub [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2014 23:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Does the entire screen go black? What might be happening is it's trying to change the refresh rate of your display to match that of the BR to remove screen tearing. Go into the menus and hit the "reset messages display" and rerun one of your blu rays, and when the message pops up asking you if you want to have power DVD change your refresh rate just hit no for testings' purpose. Also, upload a dxdiag report.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2014 01:01

[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27714.page

Posting some more info, like your dxdiag and the cyberlink advisor log would help us to help you My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7