Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Syncing seperate audio
jaguar9801 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2014 15:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I'm looking for recommendations on syncing external audio with a separate video file. I tape marching bands for my youtube channel and want to incorporate a Zoom H1 for better audio. The preamp on the camcorders suck.

With this type of recording, using a "clapper" for detection of audio spikes wouldn't be practical.

Is there an audio program witinin PD11 or some other program that is useful for syncing video and external audio?

Thanks
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there an audio program witinin PD11 or some other program that is useful for syncing video and external audio?

There may be, but I unaware of it.
What you might do is to record cam and external audio, then drop them on separate tracks to the timeline.
Play while listening to both.
Shift ext. audio left or right slightly until the two tracks are concurrent - perhaps canceling. You will be in sync or very close to it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2014 19:39