Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director 7 trial version & Creating a DVD copy
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2008 07:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My trial version works ok except for when I get to actually burning it onto DVD. After hitting the 'burn' button it begins with "producing titles" and then it freezes. I've tried different combinations and just burning an image only but it still freezes at this spot. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Was happy to purchase the full version until this came along.
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Has anyone figured out why this is? I thought something was wrong with the titles I had put in so I took them all out but it still freezes at 21% while "producing titles".

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, AMD quad-core Phenom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19. 2008 15:42

Evan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 19:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
My experience -

I use Vista Enterprise 32bit and of course when I first installed many months ago it I found that there were many missing codecs so I downloaded the freebie VistaCodecs package.

I was having intermittent burning (or producing file) crashes as well over the past 2 days I've been testing PD7. I really wanted to like this software so I decided to remove VistaCodecs to see if that helped.... and it did. At I really hadn't wanted to remove it because my system has been stable for almost a year and the only thing changed was recently installing PD7.

But, after removing VistaCodecs and rebooting I've finally been able to burn a full DVD from HD material as well as output an edited HD movie file.

[Post New]
I don't have any specific codec pack installed as I only use a few. xvid, divx and a few other well known ones. My project only requires taking an already made divx avi file and burning it with all the perks of a dvd. Shouldn't be any problem at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2008 03:17

[Post New]
Tried uninstalling some codecs, rebooting.... still refuses to pass 21%. I don't know it it helps but I think it causes a temporary problem with Explorer. Right as it hits 21% Explorer windows flicker. DVD drive locked up and when writing a DVD folder the vob file does not go above 0k.
steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 05:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I am having the same problem and have installed Powerdirector 7 on two computers. One on a AMD 64bit running 32bit Windows XP, and the other, a AMD 64bit machine running 64bit XP.

Both machines have the latest drivers, and both stop burning at 21% (sometimes 24%) while "Producing Titles". I have also tried "Create a DVD folder" with the same result.

I am trying to determine if there is a common element to our problems. Evan, what processor is your machine running? Is it also stopping at 21%?

I am wondering whether this problem is common to running a 64bit AMD processor. Could anyone experiencing this problem, please post their CPU specs, as I have bought the full version and have tried everything that CyberLink support has told me to do.

Thanks
Evan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2008 19:04 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
My DVD burning issues per crashing were intermittent. Unfortunately I had other issues that I was unable to resolve - screen/menu dvd background image quality, DVD video quality from HD source material, sync, etc.

On occasion producing a file (vs burning) would get to the end of the progress bar but never finish -- even though it appeared the physical process completed.

Someone here gave the suggesting of burning with both DVD and DVD-Folder checked. Maybe try that, but it seems like black-magic to me.

Good luck.