Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Render Preview For PD 12
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I have been busy for the last nine months learning new cameras plus my wife was in the hospital in the Summer and fall and have not been on the forum much.

I have seen a few post about preview play back after adding effects not being jumpy. I would like o show how render preview helps a lot if you take the time to do it. Here a little video I put together on the fly to show how it helps out. So for give me on stumbling a long on it some.
I replace the video and it show be able to play at 720p

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2014 00:16

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
[Post New]
Thanks from us Newbies.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Your welcome Walter. I might need to upload it again later. For some reason it's don't given me the option to go to HD on it. I render it at 720p unless YouTube is taken a long time. The rest of my videos I can take to HD. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
[Post New]
Thanks!
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have seen a few post about preview play back after adding effects not being jumpy. I would like o show how render preview helps a lot
Thanks for bringing that feature that I didn't know existed to my attention. I tried it and it works, however I learned that render previewing a 30-minute clip ain't going to happen, at least on my machine! After I learned that I did just a minute or two, and that served my purpose. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Michael8511
[Post New]
BillyR one thing I have learn with video editing and putting effects in a clip. I do a preview render right then on that clip on that small clip. That is if it is something that's going to make the computer work hard.

Most of the video shooting I do now is not long clips. About a minute or two at the most. Now sometime I shoot long clip but edited them down. I have a internet friend that I chat with at times that does 3D effects he work on Spiderman 2. He has a render farm setup in a room. He told me that some of the stuff he does that a 30 second clip can take 30 hours to render out. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
Michael8511
[Post New]
Here is a video I put together in December of the city I live in. It was a gold I set for myself to edit better and to learn to use manual control on the cameras. I have just been shooting from the motorcycle with Bullet cams and GoPro. You know just turn on and point. In the start of the video the Zoo and Indianapolis Motor Speedway was hand held to I use the stabilizer and did the preview render right after I put the clip in and trim them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2014 12:48

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
It's always interesting to see what others do with their equipment, especially if you're a relative newcomer like me. My primary use for Cyberlink is converting old TV shows such as The Beverly Hillbillies, F Troop, Get Smart, etc., from .wtv to .mp4 for my archives, as I don't like much contemporary TV. I also use it to edit HD video from my Canon Vixia G10 (same as yours), but I shoot much longer clips, such as live performances of plays presented by my local Sherlock Holmes Society for posting on our web site
http://www.hansomwheels.com/holmesiana.htm. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Aus_Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 27, 2013 19:55 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Big thanks for sharing Render Preview. That'll be handy to render small snippets to visualise the corrections/changes to make further adjustments.