Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Audiodirector4.exe has stopped working"
Vapian
Newbie Location: Rock Hill, SC Joined: Aug 15, 2011 17:29 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Ever since I installed Director Suite 2, AudioDirector 4 has not worked.

Every time I try to run it I get an "Issue Reporter" window that states "AudioDirector4.exe has stopped working".
I have contacted Cyberlink TS and so far they have not been very helpful. Their last response was that the suspect it is a "platform issue" and recommended going to the Microsoft Fixit site -- which I did, but could find no specific "fixit" module that applied to the problem.

Attached is the same DXDiag.txt file that I sent to CL support. All drivers for video and audio are up-to-date, and so far no other programs are working (with the exception of the latest YouCam which isn't working with my LifeCam Studio, but I'm pretty sure that is unrelated aside from being another Cyberlink product).

Just wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing this problem, or has experienced it and found a fix.

Thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag 11-20-2013.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
480 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Vapian,

Welcome to the ADR forum, though it sounds like you haven't had much fun with ADR yet!

I guess you've tried:
1. Doing a clean install of Director Suite 2
2. Installing the latest patch for ADR (3522) http://www.cyberlink.com/support/audiodirector/patches_en_GB.html - and the other components of DS2

I certainly haven't had the same "stopped working" issue, but I've definitely noticed some fragility when importing files compared to the previous version. I haven't quantified it, but it seems to take almost twice as long to import. That's unrelated to your problem, I think.

From my lay person's look at your DxDiag, I can't see anything that might cause the issue. Perhaps other members might be able to offer some suggestion. I'm sorry technical support has been unable to assist you thus far.

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
Vapian
[Post New]
PIX,

Yep and yep ... uninstalls, re-installs, updates, etc. with no luck so far.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm- yeah I see nothing in the DXdiag that would cause this.

I do see an older graphics driver from 2013.
There is a newer Nvidai update v332.21: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/71704

But that shouldn't be the cause of your issue.

Just a shot in the dark here- go to your Task Manager and see what it says when you try to run Audio Director by itself.
I see an exe file "CLVSTWnd.exe" in addition to the Audio Director file that is running. Do you see this file started and running in your machine?

As soon as I start AD it wants to connect to CL servers. Both the Ad exe and this CLVSWnd.exe

Do you have any other audio issues on your system? Sound plays fine?
Have you tried disabling any virus checker / firewall and such then running Audio Director?

I am using PD 12 Ultimate Suite btw. so just guessing at the above.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Vapian
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply...

When AD is run directly, there's no instance of CLVSTWnd.exe. That program can be run separately, and then it does show up as a process... but even with that running AD still crashes.

No other issues on the computer, sound-wise. Streaming audio, Media Player, iTunes, Netflix, etc. all work fine. I did have an issue with embedded YouTube videos not displaying recently, but that was easily fixed by disabling an instance of Flash in the plug-ins page and I can't see how the two would be related.

I've tried disabling everything that I can, virus/malware/firewall-wise, thus far to no avail.

I JUST saw that I missed a Tech Support response to my CS ticket that had a link to a different AD installer ... so not only missed that deadline but they closed the ticket on me. <sigh>

Guess I'll open a new ticket referring to the old one and see if this new installer changes anything. . . .
remixph0enix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2014 23:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue, have not been able to run it since purchasing it. Have done multiple clean installs and nothing.
Vapian
[Post New]
Recently their tech support arranged for a remote session to try to figure this out. I don't know exactly what they found out, but they replaced a .DLL in the AudioDirector folder and AD4 now starts up normally for me.

I was advised to back up that DLL to use if I had to do a re-install until they come up with a patch or updated installer for AudioDirector/Director Suite.

So, hopefully a fix will be on the way shortly. In the mean time, you might submit a ticket and jump through the requisite hoops to get a remote session to get fixed up.
[Post New]
Hello Vapian,

I'm pleased you've been able to get the right support, even if there was some hoop jumping involved.

So - it came down to a .DLL. I'd never have got onto that!

Do you know which .DLL it was. That may be useful for other members having similar issues. There are any number of them in the AudioDirector folder/sub-folders.

Glad your ADR is up & running

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Vapian
[Post New]
Yes, the problem file was "CLAudioRecorder.dll".

Since I can't be sure that the problem on my computer was the same as anyone else's I would be hesitant to make the version I have available.

But, that might be handy info to mention for anyone who needs to submit a report for assistance - it might shorten the process a little and get you a remote support session a little faster.
remixph0enix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2014 23:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cool, thanks for letting us know. I am still trying to sort out the problem going to mention that dll and see if i can get any progress on my situation.