Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube accounts
DaytonaSteve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2014 09:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to be able to upload to You Tube to several different You Tube / Google Accounts. Now that I've uploaded the first one, I don't see how to change to a different account. Any sggestions would be appreciated...
0ooSharkoo0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 17:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Both of you,
welcome to the forum of volunteers (and a very few Mods).
PD does not have the ability to upload to multiple accounts.
There may be a workaround, I doubt it.
I think it would be an EXCELLENT suggestion to submit.
Please fill out a support ticket asking about this, and also visit the Facebook page of Cyberlink, and who knows, maybe it will find attention. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
0ooSharkoo0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your response Barry. I'd be happy if I could just switch to a different account once. My first upload was to a test site and now I can't link program to my commercial site, it's permanently locked to test site. Looks like a re-install is in my future :cry:
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I find it so interesting that this never came up before. My only other suggestion is to bypass the PD Youtube uploader as I sometimes get A/V sync issues. I could never pinpoint the blame on PD, my hardware, or the connection, but keep it in mind. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Just a thought...

Once you've authorized PD to upload to YouTube, the next screen you are offered gives you an option to "manage your account".
On that screen, there is in the top right hand corner ( well, there is on mine! ) your Google/YouTube avatar! If you click on the avatar you are given more options about your account.
I only have one YouTube account at this time but I'm sure that will be the first place to look for the "change accounts" option.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
0ooSharkoo0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Received answer from Support:

I understand your concern that you want to change YouTube Account for uploading video through PowerDirector 12 software.

In regards to your concern, PowerDirector software don't have option to change the YouTube Account.

For workaround, please follow the below steps:

a) Login your YouTube Account directly which you set in PowerDirector

b) Change the Password of Account

c) Now open PowrDirector and try to Upload video on YouTube

d) Because you already hanged the Password of YouTube Account, PowerDirector will show Username and Password Invalid

e) Now from here you can change the YouTube Account

f) Enter your new YouTube Username and Password

Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2013 10:52 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I will take the workaround (though not happily) but there must be LOTS of us with multiple accounts, or as in my case, where we do some editing for another entity and need to access their account. I am surprised that nobody at Cyberlink saw this and allowed for it. Seems simple enough to allow an option where we must login every single time.

Maybe some cracker jack programmer knows where this info is stored and we can modify it externally to PowerDirector
manxman743 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2013 10:52 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
this work around will actually be a real pain in the butt as I will be changing passwords multiple times on multiple accounts
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What most of the regular users of Youtube accounts do is upload video directly from the Youtube account.

Youtube has a Upload in each account.

Just Produce your Video to the format you want to upload, put that video in an easy to access folder on your hard drive.
Login to the Youtube account you want to upload to, Use the Youtube Upload.

Switching accounts is easy that way.

For your Information, Powerdirector uses the WMV format for uploading to Youtube. You can use MP4 if you wish.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi...

What format would produce the best quality when uploading to YouTube? PowerDirect default WMV format or YouTube default MP4 format?

Regards,
Joseph

Quote:

For your Information, Powerdirector uses the WMV format for uploading to Youtube. You can use MP4 if you wish.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Suggestion:
Use “Internet Explorer” to log off their YouTube accounts. Then launch upload to YouTube again in
PDR12 so PDR12 will ask for YouTube login. No need to change password.
See if that works.
Dafydd