Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Downloader freezes (Win7 / PowerDVD 13)
EyesWideBlown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2013 14:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've bought & registered PowerDVD 13 Ultra and used it for a while now. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit version. Recently there was an update (around Christmas time) and every time I start PowerDVD, it notifies me of the latest update & points me to a download page where I can get the CyberLink Downloader which is needed to download the upgrade.

However, the CyberLink Downloader software totally freezes up every time I try to download the free upgrade. Either the Downloader software stops responding altogether, or, after waiting for some time (while the Downloader is completely frozen), I get the latest CyberLink ad banner in the lower half of the Downloader box, and get to choose the location where to save the update file, and then ... nothing happens. The Downloader is completely frozen.

I've tried re-downloading the CyberLink Downloader, running it as an Administrator, even downloading it from another site (like cnet.com), tried deleting the .ini files from the "C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader" directory (as suggested elsewhere on this forum by people who've had these types of freezing issues with the Downloader). Nothing has helped so far - I'm always stuck with the same, unresponsive CyberLink Downloader that remains stuck in 0% (0.00MB of 0.00MB), with 0 hr 00 min 00 sec remaining @ 0 KB/sec. I'm totally clueless what to try next.

I'm hoping that someone could help me out with this one, so thanks a lot in advance!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2014 23:14

M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
Direct link for PowerDVD 13 patch build 3520.
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2010 20:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. Even the direct link says 8 hours to download the patch. what is wrong with the Cyberlink servers?
EyesWideBlown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2013 14:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the direct link, but I'm also having the same problem as Christopher above - even the direct link is basically unimaginably slow. I'm on a 24/1M full rate DSL line back here in Finland, and the estimated download is still about 17hrs (avg. ~2-3KB/sec transfer rate). *sigh*
RENE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2013 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here, <10Kb/sec transfer rate ... The Cyberlink Downloader refused to work at that rate I wonder if Chrome is willing to take 4 hours for such a "small" download.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for reporting, IT Team is looking into this currently.
hopefully they can find the root soon.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan