Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why is download speed so extremely slow?
peterdk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2014 13:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I don't really understand Cyberlink's server management: this whole december holiday the average download speed was between 2 and 8 kilobyte/s.... So, here am I trying to download PowerDVD 13 demo, but it takes so many hours I just quit.

I tried updating some old Acer software that was developed by Cyberlink, and yet again, I need to update it from the cyberlink server with horrible download speeds.

I am on a 150 MBit connection! I reach speeds of > 10 megabyte/s, but cyberlink's server is a disaster.

Are you guys trying to force me to look for your competitor's products? It's a shame since I prefer Powerdvd, but yeah, that's indeed what I have been doing now. Hope this get's solved. And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of revenue got lost because of this.

Peter, Netherlands

kokap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2013 05:01 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I had no such problems. - In the last days of December I downloaded "Media Suite 11 Ultimate" and its Updates (about 5 GB) from CyberLink. I live in Eastern Europe.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2014 14:49

peterdk [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just switched the DNS servers of my connection to Google's openDNS (8888/8844) and now I suddenly get very fast downloads...
So I guess somehow I continously got routed to a very slow server or so?

Still, my ISP (Ziggo) is the largest ISP of The Netherlands, so you guys should definitely look into it.

Tracing update.cyberlink.com using my normal DNS server leads to: 216.66.85.87 (and times out)

From the Google DNS it leads to:

Looks like there are some server or routing issues here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2014 16:16

Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2010 20:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I also have a fast broadband speed but even a simple PowerDVD 13 patch is taking hours to download. What is wrong???
Guig Esprit du Sage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 20:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue from France Bouygues telecom ISP (over numericable)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for your reports - our IT is investigating the symptoms in order to find the root cause why some users have slow/no download.

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
peterdk [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just tested the download again, and while the tracert still times out, I got a download speed of 7 Megabyte/s! Extremely fast! So, great to see it solved.
Ria (M A) [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2016 07:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
well here we are 18 dec 2016 and nothing has changed. Trying to download the Powerdirector 15 patch . Coming down with approx 299 Kb while my speed is 100Mb

This is not funny