Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 13 patch 3520
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Every time, after installing a new patch ( 3520 today),there is no sound in PDVD13.
Only one thing helps; total uninstall, and reinstall with the latest patch,and everything is ok again!

Is this a normal procedure,or what can we do else??
Am I the only one with this sound-problem after installing a new patch ??!
Win7 Ult.x64, Realtek ( the latest update) Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Pete 12, NO, you are not the only one. Same thing happens to me.
And same only solution you describe.

Very boring..... Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please post your patch / original build history so we can try to investigate the issue?

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok Michael,contacted support with all the info you may need,and hope to see results soon.
As soon I know more,will let you know via this forum.

Thank you for your interest and HAPPY CHRISTMAS ( from the Netherlands) ! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Pete 12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The answer of Support , for the sound-problem ( no sound after installing a new patch ), is the same solution I have mentioned before; uninstall the software completely,reinstall the upgrade and activate ( again,how many times you are allowed to do so??!),then install the newest patch. Everything ok !! It seems you always have to do these things after a new patch. ( !!)

Someone with a better ( easier) solution??
Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
This happens to me too running windows 8.1 pro. But restarting PC fixes problem every time. Cyberlink install should ask to restart PC after install.
Metalman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 00:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I can no longer set or change the DVD cover art with this update.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled with only this update with the same outcome.
I guess I will have to wait for the next update fix this.
Chodi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2014 23:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem with the patch install dropping the sound. I use a usb decoder. I unplugged the usb decoder and re-plugged it and all was fine and working. I think the patch resets the audio source. In some cases with an internal card a reboot might solve it. You can also look in your windows control panel/sound to make sure it kept your desired settings for default output.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2014 23:31

HellbillyDeluxe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2008 06:43 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have any of those sound problems with Build 3520, but a lot of playback issues with Blu-rays (picture freezes or stutters). I uninstalled PowerDVD 13 Ultra completely and installed Patch Build 3313.

Seems like there is something wrong with the latest Patch.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
@HellbillyDeluxe
Please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27714.page

The symptoms you describe seem to be related to your platform and not a General issue because there is no peak in our Support related to the latest patch.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
HellbillyDeluxe [Avatar]
[Post New]
@CyberLink-Michael:

Who is the best person to contact regarding my issue with Build 3520 in order to get them fixed? Shal I directly write to the support? I'm using Windows 8.1 and PowerDVD 13 Ultra.

I upgraded from the download version to Build 3313 and them from 3313 from 3520. Right now, I'm back to 3313.
[Post New]
Hi,
yes - please get in contact with the technical Support Team directly

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

br

Werde Facebook Fan
HellbillyDeluxe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey there

Done! Thank you.