Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 5NE will not start up.
Alvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2008 11:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have contacted techincal service 3 times, they have me uninstatll/reinstall etc. But I cannot get it to fire up. Running windowns xp, media center ediiton, pentium 4 cpu 3.20GHz, 512 ram, service pack 2. Thanks.

frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 03:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem...Help!!!
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2009 19:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I do also have the same problem (with similar configuration, only AMD Thurion 2 Ghz instead, same re-installing several times etc). Power Producer 4 and PowerDVD 5 are working prefectly on the same computer.
frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2009 14:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
did you install it on an other drive then the C drive?
That's why it messed up my program...I used to install it on an external drive first...even reinstalling on the C drive later did not fix it. Only after a fresh windows install I got it to work normally.
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2009 19:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, Frank for your prompt answer. My PDR5 was installed from the very begining on C drive, as all major programs on my computer, along with PowerProducer 5 and PowerDVD5 (working fine). You said "Fresh windows install" - meaning that you have re-installed the Windows OS and then PDR5 worked?
frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2009 14:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paul
yes, I did reinstall windows...but not just because of the program, I had some viruses and it was time anyways for a fresh install.
I remember I got the PDR to work...I had to right-click the PDR shortcut icon and choose from the list "Run as.." and then pick my account...it was a little annoying to start it like this , but worked for me.