Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
To Modify OR Keyframe ?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I've downloaded the latest PD 12 update, and even the latest Nvidia driver ( unfortunately, my PD 11 now doesn't work but I knew that would happen ).

I'm just trying to find time to experiment with some of the tools within PD 12.
Like most people I know, I have aquired a silly amount of photos ... but what to do with them?

I decided to find out how to use the PowerDirector Theme Designer. I'm really impressed with this tool but there is still room for some simple improvements, i.e. clip manual rotation should be added!

After viewing the original "film" I wanted to add some more PIP's. Using the Modify tool, I found the appropriate "motion" and added a slight adjustment. till I was happy with the "path".

Still using the Modify tool, I decided to try to rotate a "PIP" or two. Finding this an easy adjustment, I then added extra keyframes so I could change the degree of rotation to produce a waggle effect. It became evident that Modify will not allow you to do this, you are stuck with one adjustment of rotation!

Feeling slightly let down, ( in my previous editing software this is a very simple adjustment ) I tried the Keyframe tool and at last found I could add different degrees of rotation to the different key frames.

My question is, Should you be able to use Modify to add simple rotation to individual keyframes OR is this purely a function of the Keyframes tool?

I decided to go abit over the top (well, you would, wouldn't you?) and added a few extra bits, some particles and a couple of New Blue FX. If anyone is interested to see my playtime, here is the link to the Director Zone http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/13321077

Please note : There should be a health warning on the Theme Designer ... namely, you don't know where the time goes!

Cheers
[Thumb - ModifyPD12.jpg]
 Filename
ModifyPD12.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Modify
 Filesize
281 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
[Thumb - KeyframePD12.jpg]
 Filename
KeyframePD12.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Keyframe
 Filesize
389 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
82 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2014 18:03

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Kyle,

Had a look at your Director Zone playtime video.
Very nice ! I like the creative use of transitions and effects.

Just a bit of a constructive note- can you hold the pics on screen a big longer- they really flash by too fast to take them all in at once.

Are you a diver? My wife is. I bought her a little Contour 1080p POV bullet camcorder with water proof housing and it worked really well for her when she dove the Great Barrier, Tahiti and Bora Bora.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle,

Had a look at your Director Zone playtime video.
Very nice ! I like the creative use of transitions and effects.

Just a bit of a constructive note- can you hold the pics on screen a big longer- they really flash by too fast to take them all in at once.

Are you a diver? My wife is. I bought her a little Contour 1080p POV bullet camcorder with water proof housing and it worked really well for her when she dove the Great Barrier, Tahiti and Bora Bora.

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply, I appreciate any constructive comments. All the images were "timed" by using the slideshow plugin, so I've had little or no control over there duration. It was only afterwards I added the pic in pics just for the fun of it!
I would love to go diving, maybe one day I will. Both my son and daughter are keen on diving and water sports, so at the moment I just look at the photos !

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kyle 40,
you probably won't be impressed with waht I am going to comment on but I thought the 'Bubbles' floating around on very distracting overall. In some places it was fine but on every scene too much for me.
otherwise I like the concept.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle 40,
you probably won't be impressed with waht I am going to comment on but I thought the 'Bubbles' floating around on very distracting overall. In some places it was fine but on every scene too much for me.
Jim

Hi James

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't worry I'm not offended at all, I also thought that there were too many bubbles after I added the extra Particle FX.
I was just curious to see how many reflections those bubbles would produce.
I must admit that I normally don't use lots of FX but sometimes you just want to try one out to see what it looks like. I usually spend more time on the edit and colour correcting to worry too much on added extra FX. I must admit that I do find colour correcting in PD a bit limiting!

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle 40,
Jim

Hi James

Thought I'd remake the bubbles, fiddly little things they are too! Some of the characteristics of the "bubbles" are controlled by sliders that are way too sensitive ( must be another PD thing that needs a look at ) moving the slider one full point/decimal place left or right can mean the difference between having an effect or non at all!

Having fun just playing with this project

Link to the latest video.. http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/13321344

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kyle -

When you're modifying particle parameters, using the sliders is a clunky way to do it. You can use the arrows to adjust up or down - or just type the number you want.

Also - not sure if you noticed, but a tutorial was posted in honour of your question "To Modify OR Keyframe?" - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page#171014

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Particle Parameters.png]
 Filename
Particle Parameters.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
212 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2013 13:55

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle -

When you're modifying particle parameters, using the sliders is a clunky way to do it. You can use the arrows to adjust up or down - or just type the number you want.

Also - not sure if you noticed, but a tutorial was posted in honour of your question "To Modify OR Keyframe?" - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page#171014

Cheers - Tony

Hi tony

Many thanks for the Tut, I'm quite humbled that you took time to go to such length to explain in such detail, the fine points of keyframe editing with PD12.

Many thanks again, oh and a Happy Christmas! I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.