Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can´t manually change volume within an audio clip in the timeline
Felipe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2008 13:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
After using PD 6.0 I upgraded to PD 7.0 and I can not change the level of volume in an audio clip in the timeline. I used to do this on PD 6.0 and the user guide shows how to use this on page 72 but I can not get the new program to drag the voume key either up or down.

Am I doing something wrong? I do not think so since this is very straightforward and I did it on the previous version.

Any clue?

Thanks
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
use the Audio Mixing Room ( F8 ) - the in trak-audiomixing works for me only in the main-track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2008 13:52

Viele Gruesse Georg
Felipe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I am usign the Audio Mixing Room to work. However I need to do several changes within a clip. So there is no way I can change levels in the audio track in the timeline?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
yes you can. I'll see if i can knock up a quick video to show you

Dafydd
Richard1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 18:09 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD6 and encountered a problem early on where in some cases (I dont know why) I cannot set a "handle" on the audio track in the timeline to alter the sound. But I discovered that if I right click on the audio track and pick "return audio to original level" (or whatever it says) I am then able to set and move the handles. This is, of course, is a pain in the ass, but what else can one do? Try it, it might work also in PD7.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/214/pd7-audio-adjust/

It might help you.

Dafydd
Felipe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, many thanks for the video you put together. I appreciate your time and dedication. After I reviewed it, I still can´t do the adjustment mainly because it is very difficult to obtain the "red dot" on the rubber band. I keep getting a "small hand" and I can't pinpoint the line to obtain the red dot. I read another post where another customer is having the same problem and it seems that we both have the outdated build (162. Is this correct? Do I need to get the newest release?. Once again thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contact Customer Support and ask for the later build.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Research and Development released the newer build - there isn't an upgrade available at this time - you need to contact CS.
Dafydd