Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My iPhone 5S video is not in slow motion
CanuckMTB1931 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Nov 28, 2013 07:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Good Morning!

I have a new iPhone 5S and can take a video that is in slow motion on my phone. I figured out how to get the video off my phone and import it into PowerDirector. I want to use this video in a family video I am creating, but it is not in slow motion when I'm in the program.

Why is this? What did I do wrong? I am new to PowerDirector 12, so please be kind! Hope to hear back from you soon, I promised my family a great video eh, and I don't want to let them down!

Any and all suggestions or help with be gratefully appreciated. Thanks a million!

Cheers,
Michelle
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Good Morning!

I have a new iPhone 5S and can take a video that is in slow motion on my phone. I figured out how to get the video off my phone and import it into PowerDirector. I want to use this video in a family video I am creating, but it is not in slow motion when I'm in the program.

Why is this? What did I do wrong? I am new to PowerDirector 12, so please be kind! Hope to hear back from you soon, I promised my family a great video eh, and I don't want to let them down!

Any and all suggestions or help with be gratefully appreciated. Thanks a million!

Cheers,
Michelle

I'm afraid I don;t knwo the answer but it might be something that was lost in the transfer. I suspect that the IPhone has a app that will slow down the display but it really doesn't take a lot of frames per second that looks slow when played back.

You can look at the properties of the video transferred to see the actual frames per second.

Why don't you just add the slow motion to that clip with Power Director? See image
[Thumb - s;low video.jpg]
 Filename
s;low video.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
SloMo
 Filesize
137 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2013 09:13

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Michelle,

Steve is correct that the iPhone uses a program app built in to slow the video down for you, but it's not applied to the video when exported.

There is actually an FAQ about this issue that should help you.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16978

Hope this helps you with your video.

Regards,
David

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 28. 2013 23:59

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]

[Edit: Oops Didn't see David's link above- shows the exact same fix I outlined below. Apologies.]
------------------------------------------------

Try just recording in full frame without any extra apps or special phone effects and then use PD to slow down the video- it is much more powerful than any phone app:

Drag your imported video clip to the timeline.
Click on it then click on the "Power Tools" tab above it
Select "Video Speed" and play with the Speed multiplier / Slow Motion settings to slowdown or speed up your clip:

Rob
[Thumb - Power Tools - Video Speed2.PNG]
 Filename
Power Tools - Video Speed2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
397 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2013 10:20

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
CanuckMTB1931 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Nov 28, 2013 07:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Great suggestions Rob and Steve! Also, FAQ super helpful Dave!!!!

Thanks for the help everyone! Muchly appreciated!

Michelle