Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HW Encoding Error Message in Power2Go v.9
Dubey633 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2013 22:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power2GO v.9 which I bought online about 3 months ago. Everything was working perfectly until today. While trying to burn an mp4 video file to a DVD-R disc, which I was previously able to do, I got a "HW Encoding Error" message box after hitting the start burning button in the burning window. The burn then stalled at 5% and the disc would not continue to burn. Has anyone encountered something like this? I should also mention that this is the first time I've tried to burn a DVD since I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. My disc drive plays my previously recorded DVDs and CDs just fine, will burn a disc in WMP and in Device Manager it indicates that my player and drivers are fine. Even Power2Go recognizes my burner in its program, but it still gives me this error box and won't burn my DVDs.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
How about try to turn off HW encode or update your VGA driver? Since your system upgraded from Win8.0 to Win8.1.
jacksonace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 24, 2013 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dubey, did disabling HW encode fixed this for you? It did for me.
Dubey633 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2013 22:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have no idea how to do that. I'm not a computer geek. I just loaded another burner software and am good to go.
JohnD514 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2013 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How do I turn off HW Encode?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Just as attached image.
Un-tick the check box.
[Thumb - HW.png]
 Filename
HW.png
[Disk]
 Description
Disable HW Encode
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
492 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2013 20:41

JohnD514 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2013 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
OK Thanks!!!
potter20 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2014 12:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah I did this as well and it did go through and burn but now it wont play on my DVD player! ha ha Any solutions yet????