Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
music track's gain level and commentary
[Post New]
Hello everybody,

I waste a lot of time for alignment of music gain level in my productions.
It is desired (for me) that level of music track should be lowered during my commentary.
Currently I do it as follow: set the cursor a little bit earlier just before my commentary starts, set level 50 in audio mix room for music track and hit ENTER, next move the cursor a little bit further and set 15 and hit ENTER, move the cursor a little bit aftem my commentary is ending and hit ENTER (value 15 is set) and last step is to move a little bit further again, set 50 and hit ENTER.
When I hane hundreds of comments it is horrible.
How do you do this kind of work, please tell me
I wonder why there is no existing function for solving this kind of work ?
Audio transitions work only at the end of the clip, I thought about to split music track and use it, but transitions set the lowest level only to 0.
Any idea will be appreciated.

PS. sorry for my bad English
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It is desired (for me) that level of music track should be lowered during my commentary.

Adjust levels by clicking the horizontal line in the middle of the audio track, then drag it up or down.
This creates keyframes (red dots).

Drag any dot to the desired level. Right-click the audio track for other options, such as "restore to original volume level."

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 20:50

[Post New]
@borgus1

Thank you for an answer but you did not understand my problem properly.
I know the way what you showed but I am looking for something QUICKER and EASIER.
So I said if you have hundreds of audio clips, the work is going very, very hard and boring.
I thinh the best way will be using "something like audio transition" template, where I will be able to define start audio levels (start, low and back to start) ans put this template just under my comment.
Waiting for info, how all of you manage this problem
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: @borgus1

Thank you for an answer but you did not understand my problem properly.
I know the way what you showed but I am looking for something QUICKER and EASIER.
So I said if you have hundreds of audio clips, the work is going very, very hard and boring.

Your quest is understood. Other than the two methods mentioned, PD does not have that capability, or at least I haven't run across it.

Search the WEB for "audio ducker." Used in post production, and properly set up, it may reduce music level when narration is present.
[Post New]
Yes, this is it exactly what I am talking about.
From my point of view it is not too complicated to include this feature in PD, I think that will be very, very helpful for all, who make movies with narration.
I will pay even more than 69$ for upgrade to PD12 if it has it.
Shame that it hasn't.
[Post New]
It is strange: nobody does narrations in your productions ?
Tell me how do you manage the issue what I described ?
I do not believe that all of you use keyframing.